Investments Compliance Manager
Medical Assurance Society (MAS)
Consultant Hayley Finley
Medical Assurance Society (MAS) is New Zealand’s leading provider of insurance and investment solutions to New Zealand professionals. Having highly satisfied Members is MAS’ most important business objective which is achieved through exceptional service and advice to MAS Members.
MAS’ accomplishments are the work of its staff and we place a top priority on their continual growth and development. We encourage initiative, recognise individual and team contributions, treat each person with respect and fairness, and provide opportunity for individual growth.
The Investment Compliance Manager will monitor and ensure that Managed Investment Scheme and investment offers compliance obligations are completed effectively. This is a senior position within the team and will focus on facilitating meetings of the Investment Monitoring Group and the effectiveness of the Compliance Assurance Programme. The individual in this role will also support the Board with executing their fiduciary duties of acting in the best interest of investors.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and engagement with the Investment Committee and Board regarding currency of key governance documents
- Provide certification that ongoing MIS license and regulatory requirements are being met
- Provide compliance updates on obligations and currency of regulatory reporting to governance bodies
- Work closely with product management in the development of new and existing funds and digital tools
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed to comply with regulatory requirements
- Ensure lodgement of regulatory disclosures are compliant
- Provide Supervisor reporting and facilitating certification activities
- Review of monthly, quarterly, and annual assurance
- Ensure timely communication with stakeholders
Key Skills Required:
- Experience in investment management, ideally from a regulatory, compliance, legal or product background
- Financial or business tertiary qualification, essential
- 5+ years of experience in a variety of investment and compliance roles
- Legal right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Ability to obtain relevant checks/clearances as/if required
- Knowledge of operational risk and compliance requirements in the industry
This is an opportunity to join a successful team and make your mark in a New Zealand owned financial services organisation that takes pride in their corporate responsibility, the well being of their employees and the satisfaction of their Members.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Hayley Finley on 04 471 9738.