Medical Assurance Society (MAS)
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Hayley Finley
Medical Assurance Society (MAS) is New Zealand’s leading provider of insurance and investment solutions to New Zealand professionals. Having highly satisfied Members is MAS’ most important business objective which is achieved through exceptional service and advice to MAS Members.
MAS’ accomplishments are the work of its staff and we place a top priority on their continual growth and development. We encourage initiative, recognise individual and team contributions, treat each person with respect and fairness, and provide opportunity for individual growth.
This newly created position will sit within the MAS’ risk function, acting as a champion of growth in risk maturity. This is a senior position within the team that will work closely with the Head of Risk and managers across the organisation. The individual for this role will drive continuous improvement in the risk management culture and contribute to the development of risk management strategy, frameworks, and risk appetite.
- Drive continuous improvement in risk management culture
- Foster culture and collaboration across the wider Finance team
- Contribute to the development of risk management strategy and frameworks
- Work with Internal Assurance teams and Compliance teams on control effectiveness
- Develop risk policies and effective training to improve risk maturity
- Provide advice and support to organisation leaders on risk matters
- Ensure risks are defined and communicated effectively
- Develop and recommend risk management practices in line with best practices
- Ensure stakeholders engagement plans are implemented and monitored
- Ensure required reporting is accurate and timely
Key Skills Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, essential
- Qualification or certification in Risk Management best practice or equivalent, desired
- 5+ years of risk management experience
- Previous experience in the financial services industry or a highly regulated industry
- Legal right to live and work within Aotearoa New Zealand
- Must be able to obtain relevant checks/clearances as/if required (e.g. security clearance)
- Experienced in Risk Management and current best practice
- Strong numerical, analysis and report writing skills
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of a Risk Management Strategy and champion growth in risk maturity while working for a Kiwi organisation that takes pride in their corporate responsibility, the wellbeing of their employees and the satisfaction of their Members.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Hayley Finley on 04 471 9738.