Tauwhiro Kaupapa Māori Social Worker
Bay of Plenty DHB
Tauwhiro – Kaupapa Māori Social Worker
TE PARE Ō TOI
Whakarongo ake au ki te tangi ā te mātui. Tuī tuī tuituia.
Whakarongo ake ai, whāia te iti kahurangi, ki te tūohu koe, me he maunga teitei.
We seek courageous, passionate, and driven individuals who are inspired by Te Tiriti oWaitangi and want to be part of leading a paradigm shift toward Toi Ora withinTe Moana a Toi.
Te Pare ō Toi Service is transforming into a ‘Change engine’ for Toi Ora as we progress our new strategy, Te Toi Ahorangi Rautaki 2030.
We are looking for:
- Tauwhiro Kaupapa Māori ready to make a positive difference for your whānau, hāpu and iwi.
- A variety of experience and knowledge, a particular advantage to have experience – Care and Protection, Family Harm and/or Youth Justice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a commitment to te reo me ona tikanga.
- Driven to apply Te Aō Māori views, concepts, knowledge, and practices in your work.
- Demonstrates, exudes, and embeds behaviours consistent with He Pou Oranga Tāngata Whenua and the BOPDHB Manaakitanga values.
What you can expect day-to-day:
- This position/s is permanent part time working 28 hours per week.
- Working as part of Te Pare ō Toi Tauwhiro team.
- Working with MDT of Te Pare ō Toi team.
- Working to supporting whanau to achieving Toi Ora.
- Working in various areas of hospital, including inpatient and outpatient.
- Partnering with other member of the healthcare team.
- Support will be provided for continued learning and application of new learnings.
- We want to be a Te Reo speaking team.
- Championing and supporting Toi Ora knowledge and competence within the workforce.
Apply now, ensuring you highlight your knowledge and experience via your CV and cover letter.
Join our team as we work to create a future where our mokopuna are raised in
Mana Atua, Mana Tupuna, Mana Whenua, Mana Moana & Mana Tangata.