Senior Technology People Leader
Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Senior Technology People Leader (Senior TPL)
- 18-month fixed term/ secondment opportunity
- Work with People Leaders to shape a new collaborative way of working
- Auckland or Wellington location (ad-hoc travel may be required)
About the team:
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of New Zealand’s largest IT groups in our technology transformation, being the motivational force that empowers our people leaders to shape and evolve our workforce, enabling us deliver on our purpose of helping New Zealanders to be safe strong and independent.
The Improvement Systems and Technology (IST) group are growing capacity and capability and we are looking for you to help us on the journey. As a Senior TPL, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of capability frameworks, learning and development programs, workforce plans and career pathways for our people. You’ll also guide and support our Technology People Leaders, focusing on their development and wellbeing.
Working alongside one other Senior TPL you will bring together the broad range of talents in our Technology People Leaders to further develop our high performing People Leadership team. We are on a transformation journey so you will need to be a strong, resilient leader, able to operate in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
As a Senior TPL, you will:
- Support the Head of Technology People Capability with workforce and capability strategies that support high performance or high performing teams.
- Lead the development and implementation of our systems and capability framework.
- Work collaboratively and support Technology People Leaders with day-to-day people and operational activities.
- Ensure required financial and people records are maintained for compliance and audit purposes.
- Be an advocate for people’s safety, welfare, health and wellbeing.
You will have:
- Previous experience leading large teams in a complex environment.
- Previous experience developing and implementing capability frameworks.
- Knowledge and practical experience of recruitment process.
- Experience in developing and managing relationships and engagement across multiple leadership levels of an organisation.
- Experience in leading all levels of performance and behavioural conversations.
- Previous experience in coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in developing operational processes to meet current and future needs.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Wednesday, 27 October 2021.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.