Kaitātari Matua | Senior Analyst - Assurance
Ministry for the Environment
- Exciting work programme
- Supportive and inclusive team
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
Join our amazing team and work on interesting and exciting projects that make a difference!
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
MfE administers funding totalling approximately $490 million under the Jobs for Nature programme to benefit the environment, people and the regions, as part of the COVID-19 recovery package.
Our team's role is to provide a robust monitoring and evaluation programme to advance understanding of ecosystems management and land management effects on environmental outcomes and tell the story of the success of Jobs for Nature funding recipients.
This role will provide assurance, risk and governance advice across MfE's Jobs for Nature funding to provide confidence that the objectives will be achieved within an acceptable level of risk.
This will include developing frameworks, undertaking periodic reviews and providing advice, strengthening controls and business improvement, and contributing to verification by assurance providers or auditors.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- a minimum of 5 years' assurance, risk and governance experience
- experience in applying a risk-based approach to work plan development
- committed to being a team player in a collaborative environment
- strong relationship management skills, quickly building trust
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- data analytics and related IT skills
- experience delivering quality work in a fast-paced environment
- ability to think creatively to achieve results and produce credible advice on complex technical matters
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Most importantly you will be passionate about looking for realistic and effective ways of ensuring that our policies and processes lead to achievement of our targeted environmental outcomes.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is te ao Māori. We continue to strengthen strong partnerships with Māori and iwi, which underpin our ability to succeed. Reflecting the Crown-Māori relationship under Te Tiriti o Waitangi in our environmental policy is our daily kaupapa. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about the role please contact Moana Everson at Moana.Everson@mfe.govt.nz
Salary range: $101,802 to $124,424 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Thursday, 28 October 2021