Lincoln Agritech Ltd
Nau mai, haere mai!
Lincoln Agritech Limited (LAL) is a leading edge, independent research and development (R&D) company with a wide variety of industrial, agritech and environmental projects. Our diverse team of around 70 people include scientists, research engineers, software developers and many other skilled and passionate professionals.
We have a vision to create better outcomes for Māori and Māori agribusiness through research collaboration. Our vision is underpinned by the values of Manakitanga, Whakamana, and Kotahitanga.
This is an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and passionate Kaiārahi Māori to join our team. This newly-created role will have a 50/50 split between our Vision Mātauranga Strategy and Business Development. It will see you:
- Driving our Vision Mātauranga strategy by supporting and educating LAL staff, building and nurturing strong relationships with both new and existing key clients, and engaging with local hapu and iwi to understand research opportunities and ensure Mātauranga Māori is central to our future business operations and growth;
- Playing an integral part in securing research and development projects and implementing key account strategies and processes to instill a culture of client orientation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years’ proven experience delivering or partnering with Māori in Vision Mātauranga projects;
- High level of competency with te Reo Māori and working within a te Ao Māori environment.
- Ability to lead and support non Māori within te Ao Māori environment.
- Relevant experience in a business development or sales role.
- Existing and broad relationships with mana whenua, Iwi, hapū, whānau and hapori.
- Familiarity with MBIE’s Vision Mātauranga policy.
- Working knowledge of funding application processes.
- Experience with writing technical proposals, RFPs or other technical type reports.
Lincoln Agritech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lincoln University (New Zealand) with its head office based on campus at Lincoln, near Christchurch and a North Island office based at the Ruakura Research Centre in Hamilton. Find out more about us here.
The full position description for this position is available from our careers website - http://www.lincolnagritech.co.nz/about/careers/
To apply please go to https://www.seek.co.nz/job/54332397 and submit your current CV and cover letter. Applications close 5pm, 31st October 2021.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, contact us on email@example.com or (03) 325 3746.