Senior Advisor, Te Kurutao - Te Tauihu
- Do you have the ability to engage and effectively communicate with people?
- Exciting opportunity to work closely with Te Kotahi o Te Tauihu Charitable Trust
- Full-time, fixed-term/secondment opportunity (until December 2022) at $117,000 salary plus five weeks' annual leave (pro rata)
Mō mātou - Our organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our role
As Senior Advisor, you will support the Regional Manager Te Kurutao to develop and foster key Māori partner relationships within Te Tauihu region, including providing cultural support and guidance to the regional team and management of Māori engagement.
In addition, you'll support multiple project deliverables, including the implementation of Māori build partner opportunities and regional papakāinga initiatives, and implement policy and strategy frameworks developed through Te Kurutao Centre of Excellence for Māori Outcomes.
This role offers the unique opportunity to work closely with Te Kotahi o Te Tauihu Charitable Trust to ensure Kāinga Ora are supporting and meeting the objectives of the Trust.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring:
- You'll have a background of working with Māori organisations, and an enthusiasm for empowering and enhancing Māori capacity and capability to deliver on identified projects
- You'll have a sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary dynamics of Māori housing, with experience working with Māori in housing or similar settings
- You'll be competent in tikanga Māori, and confident operating in a wide range of Māori environments. Ideally you will have a good grounding in Te Reo Māori
- You will be adept at growing the organisation's cultural competence to deliver impactful outcomes in partnership with Māori
- Naturally, you'll have an inherent understanding of the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and its respective interpretations by iwi/hapū.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day.
Our values are the following:
- Manaakitanga - People at the heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better together
- Whanake - Be bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Wednesday 27 October 2021.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
To apply for this job, please go to https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/?job=57452MHI