Supervisor Social Worker
Supervisor Social Worker - Christchurch - permanent
Bring your well-developed social work skills to lead a team at our Sydenham site.If you are a dynamic Practitioner who enjoys coaching and mentoring and you're looking for a new challenge, we would like to hear from you!
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- Full training provided
- Enhanced annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Support in learning Te Reo (voluntary)
- Competitive salary up to $105,675.00
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have an opportunity for a Supervisor to join our Sydenham Site.
In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
You will be a part of something bigger, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whānau.
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
Why Oranga Tamariki is a great place to work
We are proud to have a negative Gender Pay Gap average and have a workforce that is 74.9% female (2020).
Take a look at our new ways of working here: https://www.orangatamariki.govt.nz/about-us/how-we-work/new-ways-of-working/
Here's why some of our staff love working for OT:
- 'I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me'
- 'It's about respect, being in our community both Māoriand Pakeha'
- 'I like being able to have a discussion with peers and Supervisors and being open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice'
- 'I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role'
- 'I like the fact that we work together with community groups and we can bring ideas to the table'
In this role, you will be working in partnership with a team of Social Workers and other stakeholders including whānau and iwi. You will be part of a team who makes bold and courageous decisions to protect our tamariki and rangatahi.
As a Supervisor you will also uphold best practices and adhere to providing the best possible care and delivery of services. You will need to portray strong professional ethics and a holistic approach, that is client-centered and strengths-based.
With well-developed leadership skills, you will be supporting the team to work creatively and constructively with our clients and stakeholders to address individual and social needs. Working through complex information to ensure trusted decisions are made will also be a part of your responsibilities.
To be successful in this position, you will need to display a caring, friendly demeanour and be a real team player with an open-minded approach.
Key attributes to be considered but not limited to, will include the following:
- Registration with the SWRB and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Well established child protection Social Work knowledge and practices
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Have a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Good communication skills, time management and strong conflict resolution skills
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's remuneration range, between $81,819.17 - $105,675.98
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Access to corporate health fund discounts and a banking package with Westpac
- The opportunity to work with a wider value-based organisation
- The opportunity to work in a supportive learning environment
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $103,785 and $125,800 dependant on experience.
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible working options, and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Sydenham is right for you. Please contact Lisa Calder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on Tuesday, 19 October 2021