Social Worker Mana Tamariki
Full-time, permanent, Grey Lynn, Tamaki Makaurau Specialist teams
We are looking for a dynamic social worker to fill a vacancy in the Mana Tamariki team.
This opportunity will suit someone who wants to increase their kete of knowledge and is willing to give new things a go. Someone who feels confident working through tricky and challenging situations and is willing to evidence kaitiakitanga in their practice. Someone who is culturally competent, embracing whakamanawa, whakapapa and working alongside our iwi partners.
Mō mātou - About us
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
The Mana Tamariki programme uses the Intensive Wraparound Service framework; a widely practiced international service delivery model. This framework provides practice principles for teams, organisations and system levels in order to guide work done, directly with young people and their families. Wraparound is an intensive and holistic philosophy of engaging with children that have complex needs, and their families so that they can achieve their goals whilst living at home and within their community. It is defined as an intensive, individualised care planning and management process.
You will also be required to do the following:
- Engage with tamariki and whānau in the Wraparound Programme
- Provide support and knowledge of services available to our wraparound facilitator
- Assist in identifying of the whānau vision and plans to work towards that vision
- Understand, apply and embrace the principles of the Act
- Champion the alignment of the principles and practices outlined in the Oranga Tamariki Indigenous and Bicultural Framework with the Mana Tamariki programme
- Ensure the processes and principles of the Wraparound are followed
- Support the successful collaboration and participation of stakeholders with the Wraparound model
- Work alongside other Social Workers and partners to engage whānau and support the introduction to the Mana Tamariki Wraparound model
- Participate in the wraparound meetings focusing on the whānau vision, 'team' mission, needs statements, short-term targets, strategies, and action steps
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include the following:
- Social work registration and experience working with tamariki, rangatahi and whānau
- Client focussed skills, motivational Interviewing skills are an advantage
- Planning and organisational skills
- Information gathering skills and experience
- Cultural awareness and good relationship management
- Problem-solving and judgement
- Integrity in working with whānau and other stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team and add support as and where needed
- An open mind and want to go above and beyond what is in your job description
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between$74,839 to $90,714 dependant on experience. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close midnight Tuesday, 26 October 2021.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.