Senior Māori Advisor
Gisborne District Council
Businesses talk about Culture – We live it.
Here at Gisborne District Council, we pull our values from the community we serve. It makes sense then that we are enthusiastic about culture in our workplace. Family and inclusivity are deep seated in our culture. We work hard together to make our people proud and our whanau are why we are so passionate about what we do for the community here at Gisborne District Council.
We are currently looking for a Senior Advisor (Māori Focus) to join our growing team and help shape the future of our region. You will be well supported by a team that prides ourselves on nurturing an inclusive workspace that embraces innovation and creativity, so bring your passion and leading-edge ideas to Gisborne District Council.
A bit about you:
You’ll have tertiary qualification in Māori studies, public / social policy, social science, community work, economics or other relevant field and a background in strategy and policy development. With a sound understanding of Te Ao Māori and its application to local government and resource management, you’ll enjoy utilising your knowledge to engage with iwi, hapū and whanau and develop frameworks that ensures our mahi enhances our policies and strategies and nutures our relationships with Mana Whenua
Your day will look like:
Relationships, planning and strategy. You’ll ensure the meaningfully integration of Te Ao Māori, and Māori cultural values and aspirations within our resource management planning framework whilst bringing both internal and external stakeholders along with us on our journey.
What we offer:
- Full time permanent role because we know that job stability is important
- Flexible working hours to enjoy our tranquil and beautiful surroundings and spending time with your greatest supporters; your whanau
- Flexibility to work on a range of different projects and tasks, no day will be the same and we encourage you to get stuck in to anything that piques your interest
- A career path that can adapt as you grow new skills and discover fresh interests
Who we are: Gisborne District Council is the local government, both district and regional authority for Tairawhiti, New Zealand. We are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
At Gisborne District Council, we see you as more than a cog in the wheel; you are a valued voice for your whanau and community.
- Bring your whole self to work: we celebrate this and all it means.
- Represent our diverse community and be the guardian of our rich heritage.
- Have a hand in our legacy for Tairāwhiti’s Tāngata and lead the region now and into the future.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and make a difference in the lives of future generations
For further information please contact Jo Noble.
Applications close: 10am Monday 1 November 2021.