Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
Salary band: $97,374.00 - 119,012.00
This is a great opportunity to grow your existing Cloud skills and be a part of the Cloud team at Ministry. We are seeking an Azure Cloud Engineer for the Cloud Capability Programme which is part of the Technology Portfolio of work.
The successful candidate should have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform, good people and communication skills, be able to work independently and as part of a team, be adjustable to changing priorities, and be comfortable working with external partners and other teams within MSD.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Experience
- Hands-on coding/engineering experience in Microsoft Azure.
- Experience of hybrid multi-cloud design and implementation.
- Experience of DevOps, automation, and infrastructure as code.
- Related technical expertise in two or more of following domains, and ideally some exposure to all:
- Network Design IaaS infrastructure.
- Infrastructure (virtual hardware, operating system, IaaS) design and configuration.
- Database: Oracle / RAC, ADG, SQL Server Always On, NoSQL.
- Middleware: Micro-services / API Management.
- Backup, VM and file replication.
- User directory management including Azure AD, PAM, AD/AAD/LDAP replication.
- Patching, monitoring, incident reporting, SIEM.
- Awareness of other Public cloud offerings (e.g. AWS) suitable for an enterprise environment.
- Team player. Effective working in a collaborative, Agile environment. Also, able to work independently. Willing to share and contribute with the rest of the group.
- Good communication skills (verbal and documentation). Able to communicate and work with other team members or other teams to identify and resolve technical challenges.
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to influence others to accept ideas, but also willing to accept the ideas of others.
- Good problem resolution and decision-making skills. Able to clearly identify problems, seek alternative solutions, identify risks and benefits, seek input from others and make sound decisions based these considerations.
- Achievement focused. Able to deliver high quality work and services within the agreed time frame.
- Works well under general supervision but happy to their own initiative and independent judgement in their areas of responsibility.
- Keen to grow.
- Flexible, adaptable, and pragmatic.
Together we aim to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
At MSD we understand that our people do their best, when they can be their best and we’re committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive.
We offer structures and tools such as Flexible working arrangements, Health Insurance and Vision care, Westpac Government Employee Pac, MSD Wellbeing Plan and Learning and Capability- Study Assistance to support our people and their development.
If you want to be part of a team that is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your MyHR portal at work. This will ensure that your MyHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Monday, 25 October 2021.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.