Social Worker - Report Writer
- $74,839 - $90,714 per annum, dependent on experience
- Based at our Lower Hutt site
- 20 hours per week, secondment or fixed-term
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Social Worker practitioner to join team as a Report Writer.
About us - Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
About the role - Mō te tūnga
This role will see you working through complex information to ensure Reports are completed within designated timeframes and to a high standard. You will need to be able to generate solid evidence-based decisions and incorporate these into your work.
In this role, you will be focusing on gathering and collating information to write comprehensive reports. These reports will need to be presented to a professional audience, including a Judge, so attention to detail is key.
Along with that, you will also be interviewing and communicating with tamariki, whānau and other relevant professionals. To be considered for this role, you will need to be a strong communicator and have excellent written and spoken English.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
We are looking for an outstanding Social Worker with the following experience:
- Previous statutory social work experience in New Zealand or similar jurisdiction
- Well-developed communication skills, good time management and strong conflict resolution skills
- A full registration with New Zealand's Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB) or able to register
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the SWRB
- To be able to demonstrate commitment to and respect for the Treaty of Waitangi
- A positive attitude and to be able to empower our tamariki and rangatahi
- Good critical thinking skills and the ability to gather information and make good evidence-based decisions
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
Here are some of the things our staff have had to say about working at Oranga Tamariki:
- 'It's about respect, being in our community both Māoriand Pakeha'
- 'I like being able to have a discussion with peers and Supervisors and being open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice'
- 'I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role'
- 'I like the fact that we work together with community groups and we can bring ideas to the table'
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee, please register or log in using your Oranga Tamariki e-mail address. If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday, 26 October 2021.