Lecturer - Physical Education
School of Sport, Exercise and Nutrition
We have an opportunity to appoint an innovative and engaged Lecturer to the School of Sport, Exercise & Nutrition at Massey University. The School (ranked in the top 150 in the World) is one of New Zealand's most innovative, research-led academic groupings encompassing exercise science; sport development, coaching & education; and human nutrition & dietetics. The School delivers excellence in research and teaching and the multi-disciplinary approach enables us to be a key influencer on human health, performance and physical development throughout the lifecycle.
This Lecturer role will see you provide outstanding undergraduate teaching and assessment of Physical Education courses within the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise programme. You will deliver teaching via all modes of delivery and teaching media and contribute your expertise to the preparation of course materials and development.
This is a fixed-term position from January 2022 - December 2022 based on our Manawatū Campus (Palmerston North).
Key attributes for the role:
- Experience in University teaching is a preferred key element of the position including teaching delivery via distance education
- Previous experience of teaching Physical Education in the Aotearoa New Zealand education system is desirable
- A knowledge of and ability to develop programmes applying the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi is desirable
- A completed graduate teaching or postgraduate qualification in Physical Education or related field
- Candidates who are research active with evidence of research output and impact is desirable
- Highly motivated self-starter committed to excellence in teaching
- Excellent communication, time management and relationship building skills
- Candidates who whakapapa Māori or Pacific are encouraged to apply
What's on offer?
This is a fixed-term, full-time position based on the Manawatū Campus (Palmerston North).
In addition to a base salary, free eye testing and discounted staff study for eligible employees, discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities as well as a comprehensive professional development and training programme.
To learn about the School of Sport, Exercise and Nutrition at Massey University, please visit: https://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/explore/sport-exercise/sport-exercise_home.cfm
Enquiries of an academic nature should be addressed to:
Associate Professor Andrew Foskett, Head of School of Sport, Exercise & Nutrition, email@example.com or +64 9 213 6412.
Please do not email Associate Professor Foskett your CV and cover letter. Applications need to be made online.
Applications close 11:30pm Friday, 29 October 2021.
Reference number: CH_SSEN_1264_09/21
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz