Media Sales and Licensing Manager
Te Papa Tongarewa Museum
Te Papa stands proud as an iconic national building housing the treasures of the nation and is a vibrant destination for both national and international visitors. Biculturalism is a founding philosophy and practice of Te Papa designed to explore the contribution of Māori language and culture to the life, culture and activities of the museum in small and large ways. Te Papa fosters and nurtures cross-cultural capability, the ability of people of different cultural backgrounds to interact with one another in positive and uplifting ways.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Media Sales and Licensing Manager who has a passion for the arts, strong business acumen and the ability to close a deal. This role has a broad and challenging scope to get your teeth stuck into from growing opportunities that generate revenue through the traditional commercial licensing of Te Papa's collection, to identifying and growing ancillary IP commercialisation.
What's in it for me?
Joining a high performing team who are passionate about their work, supportive and a whole lot of fun to work with, you will have the opportunity to:
- develop commercial licencing avenues that showcase Te Papa's collection to the world
- work directly with New Zealand artists on wholesale and licencing agreements
- combine a knowledge and passion for the arts with your business acumen to secure new opportunities
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience negotiating licence agreements in a variety of mediums (image, footage, copyright and reproduction)
- A working knowledge of intellectual property laws and the licensing of rights
- Knowledge of tikanga and an openness to collaborating with others, including connecting with Māori Communities, in respect of licensing
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify and action revenue opportunities
- Previous success of delivering a budget and achieving KPI's
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships both externally and internally, working collaboratively with others to achieve results
If this role sounds like just what you're looking for, complete the application form and send us your CV and cover letter today!
The starting salary for this position will be between $66,702 to $80,000 pa with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applications close on Sunday, 24 October 2021.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.
To view the job description for this role please copy and paste the link into your browser - https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/701751_JobDesc.pdf