Kaikaute Whakahaere | Management Accountant
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
This role is a permanent role based in the Wellington region. Reporting to the Senior Manager Finance Business Advisory, your main focus is budgeting, forecasting, detailed costing and month-end. You'll have input to improving processes and building strong relationships with managers across the organisation. As a specialist in finance and government accounting you will bring advice, offer solutions and make connections across the organisation. There is plenty to do, but the focus is supporting the delivery of our strategic priorities.
Starting salary: $85,680.00 - $100,800.00 negotiable
Mōu | About you
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely
- Experience in driving outcomes and managing diverse stakeholder interests
- Good attention to detail in delivering financial analysis
- Flexible and able to consider principles alongside being pragmatic
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- High integrity and excellent organisational and planning skills
- Energy and humour and the ability to bring your whole self to work.
You'll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on the 21st of October at 23:55pm but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.