Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor
Type: 18 Month Fixed Term
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Regulatory
Salary: $89,400 (85%) - $105,199 (100%) - $115,700 (110%)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Our Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor will work as part of a supportive team of regulatory and operational policy professionals, delivering the strategic thinking and thought leadership for our regulatory policy programme. This role will also undertake policy analysis and advice to support the design and delivery of the Taumata Arowai regulatory policy programme. The role provides a unique opportunity to grow, change and influence policy design and development in a high profile, critically important area.
- assess and provide advice on the operational impact of changes to legislation for regulations, rules, guidance etc
- develop policies, procedures, and guidelines to support the regulatory framework
- work in collaboration with delivery and specialist colleagues across Taumata Arowai to ensure that the work programme is guided by data and insights and follows analysis and advice
- maintain recognition of the importance of the relationship between te Tiriti o Waitangi and the work of Taumata Arowai.
Innovation and creativity are key drivers in the way we will work – our size requires us to be smart and agile.
Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for someone who:
- will bring significant experience operating at a senior level in a regulatory environment and has well developed policy analysis skills,
- be confident building relationships and be both innovative and practical,
- can take a strategic and long-term view to policy development,
- can demonstrate an ability to adopt innovative approaches to novel issues,
- has a demonstrated commitment to the principles of te Tiriti o Waitangi and works towards building their own capability in te Ao Māori.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
For more information, please see the position description.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rā Katinga | Applications close Sunday 17 October 2021 @ 5 pm.
You must have a legal right to work in New Zealand at the time of submitting your application.