Social Workers - Hawera - fixed-term (Until October 2022)
Join our team in Hawera! We are seeking talented, newly qualified, or experienced Social Workers! If you are passionate about improving the lives of young people and carrying out meaningful work that makes a difference, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Flexible working
- Reduced hours options
- On-going coaching, support, and professional development
- Enhanced annual leave
- Wellness benefits
- Support in learning Te Reo
- Competitive salary up to $102,000
Mō te tūnga - About the role
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children, currently have opportunities for newly qualified or experienced Social Workers to join our Hawera Site.
In this role you will be part of a supportive team who work closely together and who are passionate about supporting Oranga Tamariki in delivering positive outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi.
You will be a part of something bigger, carrying out meaningful work and making a difference to the lives of our tamariki and their whānau.
Our belief is that in the right environment, with the right people surrounding and nurturing them, any child can and should flourish.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board
- Registration (or able to apply) with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand driver's licence.
What's in it for you? - Nōu te rourou:
- A competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's remuneration range, between $56,100 - $102,000
- Commitment to the highest standards of strengths-based social work practice
- On-going professional development
- Excellent benefits - employee benefits - Oranga Tamariki
Why Oranga Tamariki is a great place to work.
We are proud to have a negative Gender Pay Gap average and have a workforce that is 74.9% female (2020).
Look at our new ways of working here: New ways of working - Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children
Here's why some of our staff love working for OT:
- 'I enjoy what Oranga Tamariki stand for, Tika and Pono is important to me'
- 'It's about respect, being in our community, your Maori and Pakeha'
- 'I like being able to have a discussion with peers, peer supervision, open to talk about difficulties and how to improve practice'
- 'I thrive on having open conversations, trust in my colleagues, sharing ideas and knowing what my role is and the expectations of my role'
- 'I like the fact that we work together with community groups, and we can bring ideas to the table'
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible working options, and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
For an informal chat around whether Oranga Tamariki and Hawera is right for you. Please contact Francis Farmer firstname.lastname@example.org
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address. For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs. If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com