Senior Project Manager – Learning Platform
Victoria University of Wellington
- Are you a Senior Project Manager experienced with large scale public sector technology procurement and change projects?
- Do you have experience in problem-solving and managing risk issues successfully in a project environment?
- Are you good at stakeholder management and conflict resolution?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager for the University's Learning Platform programme.
The role of the Senior Project Manager - Learning Platform is to ensure the successful delivery of the Learning Platform project. This is an $8 million project with the objective of implementing a modern and future-facing infrastructure for learning and teaching at Te Herenga Waka. The Senior Project Manager will work with the Centre for Academic Development (CAD), Digital Solutions and the Office of the Vice-Provost Academic to establish the project foundations and set it up for successful implementation over the next two years.
- Support the project leadership in the refinement of the provisional business case into a full final business case for senior leadership and council approvals at the conclusion of the RFP
- Support the project leadership's establishment of the project systems and team for delivery over the two years following the RFP
- Develop a high-level implementation schedule for the project
- Engage with a wide range of pan-university stakeholders at all levels of management to understand and deliver the strategic and tactical objectives of the project
- Work with University leadership to establish and maintain programme governance to monitor and control, change management and project steering
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a highly motivated, organised, creative individual who has a passion for education and applied organisational change. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, flexible and diverse team while taking the lead to implement a generationally critical project that will enable future-focused learning and teaching.
You rise to the challenge of an ever-changing work environment that is focused on enabling transformational learning and teaching.
- Proven experience as a Senior Project Manager responsible for teams enacting large scale public sector technology procurement and change projects
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis and solution delivery
- Proven successful project delivery experience from concept to production
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated experience in working across a number of projects within the same time period
- Experience problem solving and managing risk issues successfully in a project environment.
- Experience in project methodologies and governance
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. We offer you flexible working arrangements, learning and development programs, and the ability to shape your own skills and knowledge. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to be strongly involved in the development of strategic learning and teaching projects in a leading higher education institution.
Contact details for vacancy:If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Jonathan Flutey atJonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org but applicants should follow all steps listed below.Important - Application steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form
Click the apply now button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Applications close Friday, 22 October 2021.