Senior Language Planning Advisor
Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori
Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori
Revitalisation of te reo Māori is at the heart of what we do here at Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori. Our mission is to give effect to the status of te reo Māori as an official language, to promote te reo Māori as an ordinary means of communication and as a living language, and to lead the coordination of the implementation of Te Maihi Karauna (Crown Māori Language Strategy).
We aim to create an environment where iwi and Māori through Te Maihi Māori can succeed and where the State Sector, private sector and wider community organisations are enabled to help revitalise te reo Māori. We want all New Zealanders to value the Māori language as part of who we are, what makes us a nation and is a living language for everyone to enjoy and celebrate – everywhere, every way, everyone and every day.
We are looking for people with the strategic drive and passion for te reo Māori to come join us in leading the coordination of implementing Te Maihi Karauna (Crown Māori Language Strategy).
Senior Language Planning Advisor – Permanent
The Senior Language Planning Advisor will provide essential Language Planning mentorship and coaching to Te Hiringa language planning team advisors in support of the Team Leader and Director. You will use the benefit of your experience in the development of strategies to engage with agencies. You will also contribute to the revitalisation of Reo Māori within the public sector and private sector by providing support and guidance in the development of language plans, including:
- Take the lead in assisting Public Sector agencies to develop their language plans in accordance with the Maihi Karauna objectives.
- Promote best practices through engagement across those agencies.
- Assist in the development of tools and resources for the Public Sector language planning.
- Provide language planning advice and feedback to Te Taura Whiri i te reo Māori including the strengths and weaknesses of the different approaches to Language Planning taken by agencies.
You will be able to measure the success of your Public Sector engagement based on the extent to which those agencies reciprocate and engage with Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori around language planning.
As the Senior Language Planning Advisor, you will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills. You will be able to engage and influence managers, peers and stakeholders using kaupapa Māori approaches. You will be all about relationships and highly focused on understanding needs of those relationships. You will also be able to display understanding of key issues impacting on Māori Language revitalisation.
You will bring experience in delivering projects and supporting change while influencing, building and sustaining relationships to achieve results. You will also bring confidence and skill in influencing and engaging at all levels of an organisation.
What we offer
- An organisation shaping the nation by using Māori language revitalisation to drive positive social change.
- A role in an organisation where your mahi can lead to real changes
- An organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements
- An organisation who takes pride in staff development and progression in a te reo and ao Māori context and
- A permanent role in the Language Planning team.
Salary - $72,000 – $97,000
To be considered for this role you must have a legal right to work in New Zealand and you will need to complete an Application Form, as below.
Please view the Job Description, also below.
If you have a legal right to work in New Zealand and would like an opportunity to be considered for these roles, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
Applications close 12pm Sunday 17 October