Head of Cultural Partnerships and Engagement
- Supportive manager who cares about your career development and progression
- Flexible working options
- Competitive salary with a generous 9% superannuation contribution
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity to join our leadership team in our newly created Rōpū Pae Ora (Māori and Equity) function, as our Head of Cultural Partnering and Engagement.
The rōpū Pae Ora are accountable for driving the implementation of our Māori Strategy (Whāia Te Tika), weaving it into everything we deliver across the ACC and enabling our business leaders to deliver mahi that will make a real difference for Māori.
We want to make sure every leader, of every initiative, is driving improved outcomes for Māori, is set up to take the lead, build the cultural capability they need in their area to make progress and to deliver successful outcomes.
To understand more about the rōpū Pae Ora, click here.
Some of the important Mahi you will be involved in:
- Lead a great team of Cultural Capability Partners who lead Māori engagement to support the development of close connections with Iwi, hapū and Māori communities across Aotearoa
- You will be the kaitiaki of ACC’s engagement strategy with Māori, including customers, their whānau, iwi, hapū, Māori organisations, health sector providers, Māori businesses and communities to support ACC’s strategic objective to remove barriers and improve services for Māori
- Lead and support the rōpū to work in partnership with business leaders, to deliver Māori cultural expertise, advice and guidance that supports the development of cultural capability enabling the delivery of improved services and outcomes for Māori.
- Lead mahi that will help others understand te Tiriti o Waitangi and Māori outcomes to support the delivery of ACC’s Māori Strategy (Whāia te Tika), ensuring a Whāia te Tika and Māori outcomes lens is woven throughout everything we do at ACC.
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role:
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage people at all levels.
- Experience in design and delivery of Māori (Pacific and/or Asian) strategic initiatives and/or programmes to deliver change for Māori (Pacific and/or Asian)
- Extensive experience in Māori engagement and strategic relationship management including established networks in Māori communities and entities.
- A sound understanding of tikanga Māori and te reo Māori with a deep understanding of Māori culture, values, political and social systems, including strong Iwi networks
- Extensive knowledge of the application of te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Mātauranga Māori experience and understanding.
- A proven track record leading cultural change in an organisation to deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
For a detailed position description click here.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website.
If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org