Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner
- Auckland based
- Full time
- 2+ years PQE
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC) is to promote and protect health and disability consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringements of those rights.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the HDC legal team as a Legal Advisor based in our Auckland Office
The legal team is a collegial and high performing team, which undertakes a wide variety of legal and policy work, including in relation to the Health and Disability Commissioner’s complaints resolution jurisdiction.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- At least two years post-admission experience as a barrister and solicitor
- An excellent academic record
- Some knowledge of health care law, public law generally and administrative law in particular
- An understanding of policy issues affecting the interests of health and disability services consumers
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral skills.
- A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Sound judgement and analytical ability
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- A high level of initiative and self confidence
If you're keen to see the direct impact that your contribution can have for the health and disability sector, this is your opportunity to see the positive outcomes first hand. Apply now if you're ready to make a difference.
Download the Position Description here
All applicants must complete an online HDC application form to be considered.
Please visit the HDC website for the position description and to complete the online application form: https://www.hdc.org.nz/job-vacancies
E-mail enquiries to email@example.com
Applications for this role close Monday 18 October 2021 at 9am.