Senior Policy Advisor
Office of the Health and Disability Commissioner
- Utilise your strong policy advice and analytical skills to make a difference for New Zealanders using health and disability services
- Join a skilled and committed team
- Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills required
- Wellington based
The purpose of the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC) is to promote and protect health and disability services consumers’ rights and to facilitate the fair and efficient resolution of complaints relating to infringement of those rights.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Advisor to join a skilled and passionate team dedicated to making a real difference across the health and disability sector.
The primary purpose of the Senior Policy Advisor role is to provide trusted strategic advice to the Executive Leadership Team members by leading the HDC’s policy work, undertaking a range of policy projects.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Extensive experience at a senior level in policy and strategy development
- Strong knowledge of New Zealand’s health and disability system and sector as well as sound understanding of equity issues particularly in relation to Māori
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- High level of analytical and technical expertise
- Ability to lead teams and projects
- Proven experience in producing high quality work and consistently meeting competing deadlines.
- A high level of initiative and self confidence
- A relevant postgraduate qualification
- Knowledge and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi.
If you're keen to see the direct impact that your contribution can have for the health and disability sector, this is your opportunity to see the positive outcomes first hand. Apply now if you're ready to make a difference.
Download the Position Description here (PDF 448KB).
All applicants must complete the online HDC application form to be considered. Applications can be submitted via this button. Your CV and Cover Letter can be attached within the application.
E-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this role close at 9am Monday the 18th of October.