CEO / Tumu Whakarae
General Practice New Zealand
Chief Executive/Tumu Whakarae
General Practice New Zealand (GPNZ) is seeking a Chief Executive/Tumu Whakarae
- An outstanding strategic primary care leadership role
- Aotearoa-wide focus, flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity to influence sector developments
GPNZ advocates for thriving primary care, we are a co-ordinator of information and data from a diverse network, and we harness the expertise and experience of the sector for policy development.
After a successful period of growth and delivering value to the sector, our current CEO is stepping down to return to the UK. This leaves a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to take the organisation to the next level.
GPNZ has 24 Primary Health Organisation members who support general practices and primary care providers to deliver services to more than 4.3 million New Zealanders. Our mahi is focused on working with sector partners to ensure the right advice and support is provided to primary care, providing secretariat for the primary care caucus for the PHO Services Agreement negotiations and maintaining networks of clinical and sector leaders.
This is a great opportunity to steer GPNZ through a period of growth, and offers exciting and challenging objectives:
- Operationalise the organisation’s commitment to Tikanga Māori and the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Set direction for the organisation in line with the health reforms
- Deliver on the needs of today’s members whilst shaping the future membership and service offering of the organisation
- Maintain and strengthen proactive and positive connections with primary care and the broader health and social care sector
Reporting to the Chair and Executive, the post holder is responsible for all aspects of the organisation including delivering on the business plan, financial management and all operational activities, including organising events. The immediate team is small so the CEO will need to be hands on, but will have the freedom to contract resources as necessary to get the work done.
To be effective in the role you must be an experienced, visible senior leader who thinks strategically, and can lead a work programme effectively, and an excellent communicator with the ability to work with people from across the sector to deliver on shared goals.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a vibrant organisation and to make a positive contribution to the future of primary care.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 18 October
FOR A CANDIDATE PACK PLEASE EMAIL: Admin@GPNZ.org.nz