Senior Advisor, Market Research
Salary Attractive salary
Consultant Jing Li
Part of the Te Whakatairanga Service Delivery Group, the Consumer Protection business unit is responsible for promoting business and consumer capability within the market, through the development of products, services, tools and information.
Consumer Protection supports four key functions: consumer information products, tools, and services; consumer product safety monitoring and business/consumer engagement; providing a secretariat function in support of the Consumer Advocacy Council; and managing the operational delivery of the Telecommunications Relay Service.
Bring your strategic and operational knowledge of market research and analytics, business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, the team manager, and other team members to:
- Design and deliver Consumer Protection’s long-term market research and insights programme. This includes high-level strategic and detailed operational plans that cover design, implementation and evaluation, and leading and influencing internal and external stakeholders and service delivery partners involved in consumer insight.
- Provide insight to inform Consumer Protection’s segmentation and intervention strategies, work programme priorities, and operational initiatives.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in research, covering both quantitative and qualitative research from design to delivery
- A deep understanding of research and evaluation methodologies and survey design
- A deep understanding of data management principles and how to apply them
- Highly developed analysis skills using Excel and other statistical analysis packages such as R, SAS, SPSS
- A strategic view of data and using it to make risk-based, intelligence-led decisions
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders up to a senior level
- Ability to think and plan strategically
MBIE is an inclusive organisation that believes in harnessing the potential of their people and the diverse skills and life experiences they bring to the organisation. This opportunity will allow an experienced research, insights and analysis practitioner to make a difference for consumers and small businesses, informing and evaluating the strategic direction of the programme while working alongside a team of highly talented professionals.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.