Business Advisor, Pae Ora
- Supportive manager who cares about your career development and progression
- Flexible working options
- Competitive salary with a generous 9% superannuation contribution
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our newly created Rōpū Pae Ora (Māori and Equity) function, as a Business Advisor.
The Business Advisor is responsible for supporting the Rōpū Pae Ora by leading and delivering centralised business advice and coordination support across the group, as well as oversight of workflow coordination.
This role is responsible for managing work allocation and oversight of work quality for the three Coordinators, who work to support specific teams, leaders and work programmes across the Rōpū. They ensure that the work of their team is directed by the appropriate leaders and give support to prioritisation and coordination of work as required.
They are also accountable for ensuring timely and effective delivery of business, financial, operational, and reporting advice to support the Rōpū Pae Ora Leadership Team manage the effectiveness and efficiency of the operational aspects of the Rōpū.
To understand more about the rōpū Pae Ora, click here.
Some of the important Mahi you will be involved in the following:
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the Rōpū Pae Ora to understand operational business needs and enable effective support across the group
- Provide line management and day to day oversight of the Coordination team, ensuring they are working collaboratively to support workload demands for the wider team
- Oversee the workflow coordination needs for the Rōpū Pae Ora ensuring work is triaged and actioned accordingly
- Ensure personal assistant support is delivered to the senior leadership team of the Rōpū Pae Ora
- Prepare and coordinate operational planning, reporting, monitoring, budgeting, and risk management, ensuring budget and spend information is robustly tracked, reported on and provide insights systematically
- Monitor and report on progress against financial and operational plans, proactively identifying continuous improvement opportunities or areas of risk in a timely manner
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role will include the following:
- Experience with identifying priorities in a high-volume work environment
- People management and team leader experience
- Knowledge of business planning, risk management, financial management and business reporting processes
- An understanding of tikanga Māori and te reo Māori
- Knowledge of the application of te Tiriti o Waitangi
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
To watch the video on Pae Ora recruitment, click here.
For a detailed position description click here.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC career website.
If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org