Principal Advisor to Tumu Pae Ora
- Supportive manager who cares about your career development and progression
- Flexible working options
- Competitive salary with a generous 9% superannuation contribution
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our leadership team in our newly created Rōpū Pae Ora (Māori and Equity) function, as our Principal Advisor to our Tumu Pae Ora.
The rōpū Pae Ora are accountable for driving the implementation of our Māori Strategy (Whāia Te Tika), weaving it into everything we deliver across the ACC and enabling our business leaders to deliver mahi that will make a real difference for Māori.
We want to make sure every leader, of every initiative, is driving improved outcomes for Māori, is set up to take the lead, build the cultural capability they need in their area to make progress and to deliver successful outcomes.
To understand more about the rōpū Pae Ora, click here.
Some of the important Mahi you will be involved in the following:
- Lead ACC's strategic approach and response to managing issues that are important for our Māori customers and stakeholders
- Proactively identify trends, risks, issues and opportunities at a system and enterprise level that could have an impact on access to services and experiences for Māori
- Support value stream board prioritisation, bringing a Māori focus/lens to enterprise wide planning
- Analyse and assess information for the Tumu Pae Ora by undertaking a detailed examination of complex and strategic issues; identify risks, gaps and opportunities, and provide comprehensive briefings; recommendations; and initiate action as requested by the Tumu Pae Ora
- Lead on Mātauranga Māori advice and guidance for ACC, supporting a coordinated and collaborative approach to delivering this advice across the Rōpū Pae Ora
- Establishing a relationship with the regional Iwi/Māori Partnership Boards that will be formed under the health reform
What we are looking for from you to be successful in this role will include the following:
- Extensive experience providing thought leadership and advice to inform the development of Māori strategic initiatives and robust strategic advice across organisations
- Proven experience developing future focused organisational strategy, incorporating strategic policy advice and the ability to provide advice to senior management in these areas
- A sound understanding of tikanga Māori and te reo Māori with a deep understanding of Māori culture, values, political and social systems
- Extensive knowledge of the application of te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong Mātauranga Māori experience and understanding
- Demonstrated ability in the gathering, analysis and presentation of information on issues associated with Māori customers and stakeholders
Working at ACC
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work.
Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga
For a detailed position description click here.
To watch the video on Pae Ora recruitment, click here.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC career website.
If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com