Operations Manager - Container services
Consultant Jo-Ann Olivier
CentrePort have exclusively partnered with Robert Walters to search for a new Operations Manager for their container services division.
Located in Wellington, CentrePort is a key asset for the New Zealand economy with a strategically situated intermodal hub, linking road, rail, domestic and international shipping services. CentrePort is not simply a gateway for the passage of cargoes, and their role in transport logistics extends well beyond the physical boundaries of the Port. CentrePort owns the wharves and provides pilotage, tug services and berthage for shipping and facilitates the movement of container and bulk cargoes, fuel, and chemicals.
CentrePort’s Container Services is one of the powerful engines driving CentrePort's growth, they are investing in new technology combined with quality people to deliver an innovative, high performing, customer-focused service that's up-to-date and efficient.
CentrePort are looking to appoint an Operations Manager to lead and drive the performance and activities of the teams within container services to meet customer expectations and organisational goals. As part of your role, you will oversee the efficient utilisation of port facilities and allocation of resources in a safe and cost-effective manner. You will bring your skills and operational excellence into action in driving business improvement processes, best practice, and risk management.
Your success will be defined by your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of ship operations.
- Commercial sense and an understanding of key business drivers.
- Commitment to delivering outstanding customer experience.
- A tertiary qualification in business, operational management or extensive industry experience.
- Knowledge of ship operations or worked within a large logistic business.
- Bring Strong focus to Health & Safety to ensure everyone gets home safely.
- A background in process improvement activities and projects, driving innovation and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Industrial relations and unions.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at varied levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills and highly motivated to achieve results.
- A strong desire for ongoing continuous improvement within operations.
You will bring your extensive operational leadership experience with a strong focus on excellent service delivery, health and safety and people management. This role comes with plenty of scope and variety and huge opportunity to really make a difference and shape the future of the day-to-day operations for one of New Zealand’s largest ports.
CentrePort are constantly evolving, reimagining, and modernising to better understand and protect the needs of their customers and community. This is determined by CentrePort’s people and they place considerable emphasis on recruiting and developing key talent. Employing people from a diverse range, and qualities such as openness, honesty, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, and energy are key to achieving in their environment.
If you would like to know more, check it out!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jo-Ann Olivier on 04 471 9774.