Global Velocity Group
Consultant Jack Hill
You will be joining a fast growing NZ business in a leadership role that allows you to make the role your own and develop and build logistics processes.
This is a key management role in the supply chain team for the Global Velocity Group and will help support the performance and growth of Global Velocity Group. As the Logistics Manager, you will report to and support the Director & Operations Lead to develop and improve logistics & warehouse processes, reporting and efficiencies. This will be done by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals.
About the company:
Global Velocity Group Lt is a company specializing in the custom importing, manufacture, and management of apparel. Born and raised in the Waikato, GVG has grown from a one-man-band to a highly profitable business with thirty-eight employees across New Zealand and a strong partnership in Asia. Our mission is to provide solutions within the Australasian apparel industry and continue to grow globally. At GVG we have a real passion for the outdoors, and this is reflected in our brands. After well over ten years of extensive product development we are now able to produce high quality garments and we are taking our chosen niche by storm.
• Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilisation, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
• Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues
• Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
• Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
• Support execution of logistics and warehouse strategy
• Implement financial metrics and associated KPIs for performance of supply chain network and vendors.
• Help develop and implement global transportation cost-savings programs for year-over-year savings
• Identify project responsibilities, delegating phases and elements to the appropriate personnel
• Maintain insight into industry and global logistic trends that will benefit the organization in the marketplace
• 3+ years logistics experience in wholesale distribution or retail supply chain environment
• 4+ years project management or leadership position
• Strong systems skills, including proficiency with integrated software applications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, specialising in supply chain management preferable
• Knowledge of end-to-end logistics operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s on offer:
Brand new premises, cohesive and fun culture, fast-growing organisation and management responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive team in a critical position that will provide key logistics insight and proactively contribute to growth.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jack Hill on 09 374 7341.