School Relationship Manager
School Relationships Manager
- Play a pivotal role in the ICT industry and Education sector.
- Joining an established and continually growing team.
- Based in Whangārei
A high level of understanding and passion for learning about technology and how it can enable online learning?
Ko wai mātou – Who are we
Network for Learning (N4L) is a Crown company that provides safe and secure internet to all New Zealand schools and kura. They are committed to helping all ākonga thrive in a digital world. Their team is driven by coming up with smart ideas that are simply delivered – so that kaiako can focus on teaching, and ākonga can focus on learning.
Working in tandem with government, education and various technology partners, N4L works on ways to improve the safety and security of online learning environments in schools and kura. The success of N4L has led to significant growth and they’re expanding quickly. This gives their people fantastic opportunities for personal development and varied work – no two days are the same! They all have a strong sense of purpose, creating a caring, inclusive and innovative culture.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga – The nature of the position
The School Relationship Manager is a pivotal, customer facing position, that provides hands-on support to schools, kura and their IT providers to ensure smarter, safer internet for learning. Building high trust working relationship with school communities, the overriding objective of the role is to ensure that all schools and their teachers and students have access to, and are effectively using, N4L’s range of products and services. You must be able to readily translate and explain complicated technical terms and technology into a manner where an individual is able to genuinely understand. The role will call upon your genuine cognitive reasoning, empathy, and problem-solving skills, taking the time to listen and observe before delivering information.
Furthermore, you’ll already be an expert in building relationships, which will support you, as you foster high trust relationships with Kura, Schools and across the greater community. As such, experience working within local communities is highly desirable, as is your experience working with Māori community stakeholders, where you will have applied knowledge and understanding of tikanga.
Effectively managing a schools’ expectations, you will be on hand for questions, concerns, and issues, able to quickly identify and mitigate apprehensions and form solutions in a customer centric manner. Providing effective case management, you will set about establishing strong relationships with principals, IT leads and providers serving the school, all with the expectation of developing both higher levels of satisfaction and for future opportunities for N4L.
In the midterm you will be developing and executing the regional engagement plan, establishing a calendar of regional travel, ensuring efficient journey planning is in place to make certain the frequency and level of service is provided to your portfolio of schools is managed proactively. Driving positive outcomes for your customers, you will deliver customer centric solutions, navigating a framework will see you working to school engagement and organisational KPI targets.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Whēako – Essential skills/experiences for the role.
- Extensive IT, IT Services or education sector experience.
- A technical aptitude, with the ability to translate technology into familiar terminology.
- Able to work at pace, with passion and with a strong sense of purpose.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- An ability to overcome obstacles and deliver expected outcomes with minimal direction, able to resolve wide range of issues.
- Have the career experience which demonstrates a customer centric approach.
- Appetite to apply knowledge and understanding of te reo me ōna tikanga Māori.
- Able to self-manage workload , prioritise opportunities and own time, whilst collaborating to the greater team goals.
- Have experience in a position where you have worked to KPI’s or targets and are motivated to work within such a framework.
- Comfortable and highly adaptive within change-based environments.
Maintaining a positive relationship with N4L’s ICT providers in your region, you will engage in regional events with ICT providers, to drive community understanding of and the use of N4L’s products. This position does call for flexibility in terms days and hours of work and has the past precedent of 1-2 nights away from home a fortnight. Travel will be well managed so as to maximise your time with your schools and stakeholders, rather than time on the road. N4L head office is based in Parnell with a satellite office in Wellington.
With an eye on the future and an openness for change, you will embrace technology, place people at the center of all you do and have a genuine passion for learning about technology and how it can enable 21st-century learning. Remuneration package includes a car.
Te Tono – How to apply:
To apply or to enquire further in confidence contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday the 11th of October at 5.00pm.