Head of Commercial Finance
Countdown, Woolworths New Zealand
Head of Commercial Finance
- Key business partner supporting the heart of our business - Merchandise
- High profile, high impact role offering future career progression
- Play a pivotal role delivering on sales and gross profit performance
Ready to make an impact?
We’re looking for a Head of Commercial Finance to join our Finance team here in Aotearoa reporting to our Director of Finance & Technology.
Our Finance team strives to deliver a high performing strategic partnering function that supports the business and directly enables our customer 1st, team 1st strategy to drive business agility and growth.
Joining our Finance team you’ll take accountability as the trusted advisor to the Commercial Director - Packaged Goods, Drinks and Everyday Needs and Commercial Director of Fresh and FoodCo to provide strategic decision support, commercial reporting/analysis, budgeting and forecasting focusing on driving sales and overall, gross profit performance.
About the Role | Mō te Tūranga
1. Influence and partner with the Commercial Director - Packaged Goods, Drinks and Everyday Needs and Commercial Director of Fresh and FoodCo, as well as their respective leadership teams
2. Accountable to provide timely and accurate information, value-added solutions and commercial advice that drive financial performance
3. Accountable to lead a team, shape an environment and team culture that embodies our purpose, values and ways of working
4. Responsible for providing support to the Buying and Replenishment team around influencing strategies, optimising working capital including inventory and supplier terms
About You | Mōu
To succeed in this role you will need to be highly collaborative, a strategic thinker and commercially astute.
A key member of the Senior Finance team, contributing to the strategy, culture and continuous improvement programme with Finance, you will need to be someone who can establish credibility with stakeholders and drive and influence key decisions.
A proven leader of people, teams and culture, you’ll role model our ways of working and inspire a high performance, team first culture.
If you’re the sort of individual who strives to always do the right thing for customers, team, our communities, and our business then we ought to connect.
Working with Countdown | Te Mahi ki Countdown
Our purpose is to make Kiwis' lives a little better every day.
We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and energetic - we work hard but we have a great time doing it, and we love what we do. There is plenty of scope for new ideas, lots of room for you to add value, and importantly, you’ll be working with a business that touches the lives of three million New Zealanders a week.
Come as you are | Haere mai rā
We’re an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all.
If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.