Senior Advisor – Communications & Engagement
Tertiary Education Commission
- elp New Zealanders achieve their dreams through education.
- Broad range of communications and stakeholder engagement projects.
- Lead the organisation’s engagement framework.
The Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) – Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua is looking for a senior communications and engagement generalist who can help develop meaningful communications and engagement strategies to engage partners and stakeholders including Māori. If you’re an experienced communications professional with knowledge of tikanga Māori and strong communications and engagement skills and experience , and who truly believes that education opens doors and gives people the chance to achieve their potential, this might be the role for you.
Kōrero mō te tūranga (About the role):
In this role you will:
- Take a lead role in implementing TEC’s stakeholder engagement framework and advising the business on what good engagement looks like
- Be aware of and follow tikanga Māori and bring a te ao Māori awareness when engaging with Māori partners and stakeholders, and in all engagement activities
- Work closely with senior leaders, collaborating with other teams and providing trusted advice and communications and engagement support
- Be part of a team of versatile communications professionals who work end-to-end on a broad range of communications and engagement projects from across the organisation
Mōu – (About You):
We are looking for:
- Proven experience in communications and engagement in a complex sector
- Great relationship management and influencing skills
- A strong understanding of te ao Māori
- Ability to communicate complex information simply
- Capacity to work independently, manage deadlines and a real can-do attitude
- Previous experience in the public sector (though this is not essential)
Mō Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua (About TEC)
The TEC is a Crown agency with a big job to do – to shape a dynamic education system that delivers lifelong learning and equips learners, communities and employers for success. The TEC is the government’s key agency for investing in tertiary education and training, and careers services.
Entry to New Zealand from all countries remains strictly controlled to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You may only apply for this role if you have the right to work in New Zealand. For information about New Zealand work or residence visas, please visitwww.immigration.govt.nz
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 26 September 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz/jobs/bh-8256-3-senior-advisor-communications-and-engagement/
Further Enquires: Nikki Franklin on 04 550 8000