Commercial Finance Manager
Salary Competitive package + bonus
Consultant Rebecca Gibson
This position holds a critical role within the New Zealand business and will encompass proactively identifying and forecasting revenue, pricing, product & commercial opportunities and risks to drive performance. This individual will work closely with the Head of Finance and focus on influencing the commercial agenda through stakeholder engagement.
The position will require effectively driving performance by developing scenario recommendations and effective plans to deliver key strategic targets.
A large, global organisation has an opportunity for an individual to provide commercial oversight across the New Zealand business and provide recommendations to execute the company’s strategy. The role work closely with a similar team in Sydney, Australia.
The organisation has a small, supportive and fast paced NZ team that achieves high quality results and strives to be agile, cohesive, inclusive – valuing their staff for their relative strengths. They are looking for someone who not only has the technical skills to fill this role, but also is the right fit for their unique team.
The organisation was also recognised by the prestigious Australian Financial Review (AFR) BOSS magazine as one of the Top 10 Best Manufacturing and Consumer Goods companies to work for within Australia and New Zealand.
- Provide commercial oversight of Sales and Marketing for the New Zealand Business
- Provide financial analysis, recommendations and highlight risks for pricing, products and revenue
- Support the preparation of the Business Plan through stakeholder alignment, scenario modelling and analysis
- Influence the commercial agenda across the business by providing advice and guidance to colleagues and teams
- Partner with the business to build customer relationships to enhance commercial benefits
- Build sustainable internal and external relationships to deliver commercial advantage
- Provide insightful interpretation of market data to identify new risks and opportunities for growth initiatives
- Be a challenging and positive influence in the team, supporting colleagues to achieve team goals
- CA qualified or equivalent (preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years in a financial/management/commercial role
- Proven experience in revenue growth management and P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Management
- Significant financial and commercial experience (FMCG would be advantageous)
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills within a complex matrix organisation
- Ability to remain positive and promote a “can do” culture
- Demonstrated ability to challenge and influence senior management level stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large global organisation in a critical position that will provide commercial insight and proactively contribute to growth.
This position also offers a generous package, including bonus scheme, carpark, health and life insurance, annual wellness programmes, learning and development programmes, leadership training, career coaching, opportunity for flexible working arrangements, and a range of other activities.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Gibson on 04 471 9725.