Court Registry Officer
NZ Ministry of Justice
Te āhuatunga a te tūranga/About the Role
We are looking for multiple talented individuals to come join our District Court as a Court Registry Officer based in Christchurch.
Court Registry Officer - in this role you will work with a team responsible for the successful operation of the Court. You will liaise with multiple stakeholders who are interacting with the Justice system. This includes being able to communicate confidently with Judicary within the courtroom and their chambers, counsel, stakeholders and paricipants.
In this role, the tasks include but are not limited to:
- Court Taking – this is the facilitation of running the court. This includes introducing Judges (in English and Te Reo Maori), working closely with them in the Courtroom and Chambers and general administration of the court.
- Customer Service – interacting with customers on any court related matter. Customer queries can come in via face to face, phone or email interactions – so you will need to be confident with all methods.
- Case management – this involves ensuring files are accurate and up to date. This part of the role involves a large component of data entry.
He pūkenga tou/Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role you will be:
- Detail orientated and observant – the court has many different processes and case information needs to be accurate;
- Self-aware –our participants are unique, and you will be confident working, both individually and as a team, across a range of situations;
- Able to multi-task –some of our processes are repetitive, but you'll be able to manage conflicting priorities and move from one task to another quickly;
- Willing to learn – legislation and processes in courts are always changing and you will be able to adapt and maintain knowledge capital.
- Resilient– there are times when working in the courts, you will be working on sensitive cases and sometimes at high volume.
Mō te tīma/About our Team
At Te Tāhū o te Ture - the Ministry of Justice, we're committed to working together for a fair and safe Aotearoa.
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It's our promise to ensure our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture and one where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
Tono mai/How to Apply
To apply, click the Apply button below to be directed to our Careers Website. You can view a detailed position description here, as well as complete an online application form by attaching your CV and cover letter.
Salary Range: The remuneration band for this role is $50,128 to $70,768 – while the appointing salary will be based on skills and experience, we are willing to pay higher in the band to attract strong candidates into this role.
Applications close on: 23rd September 2021
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com