Kaipūtaiao Raraunga | Data Engineer | Flexible
Ministry for the Environment
- Support our new digital strategy programme
- Lead improvements and champion best practice
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
Our purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation – be part of this exciting journey.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are running a transformation programme to implement the Ministry's Digital Strategy, which focuses on the delivery of digital projects and programmes across the organisation.
You will be responsible for producing source data schema and mapping these to the Ministry' Domain Model. You will support the adoption of good enterprise scale data management practices and processes, helping keep MfE up to date with modern approaches to warehousing, especially automation tools.
A key focus of the role will be to identify and drive opportunities for improvement and look at new ways of doing things.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are looking for candidates with experience in empowering, inspiring, being visible and accessible to teams. You will be open to having ideas challenged, and drive a culture of continuous improvement where learning and development is valued.
You will also bring:
- demonstrable theoretical or practical experience working with data architecture and data warehousing, Government context preferred
- a solid understanding, and demonstrable practical application of data management and delivery methodologies and tools (particularly agile, data vault, AWS, DAMA, SQL)
- comp. Sci. or Data Science/Management qualifications: e.g. agile certification, Data Vault 2.0, DAMA Certified Practitioner or Foundation Accredited
- strong analytical, coding and data management skills
- ability to prioritise competing demands to meet deadlines in a in a fast paced, complex environment
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Mō mātou - About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work from anywhere in New Zealand. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss options that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position please contact Elias Wyber at Elias.Wyber@mfe.govt.nz
Salary band: $83,533 to $102,096 pa. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday, 26 September 2021