Kaiarataki Te Hīhiri / Strategic Advisor Māori
Boffa Miskell is a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy, which is focused on better outcomes for our environment. We are entirely employee-owned and growing, with an increasingly diverse portfolio of clients and projects.
Over the last 10 years we’ve invested in the growth and development of our Te Hīhiri discipline, enabling us to successfully engage with iwi, hapū, whānau and rūnanga. We now have a national team of dedicated Kaiarataki/Strategic Advisors who lead our work at a senior level on a range of projects both with, and alongside, manawhenua and other clients.
Our team of Kaiarataki have extensive experience in assisting clients to connect with iwi, and in providing strategic advice for projects which affect iwi/Māori. They are well versed in mātauranga Māori and apply its concepts to inspire and ground Boffa Miskell’s methodologies and processes, empowering our people and clients to engage with Te Ao Māori.
We are looking for people to join our national Te Hīhiri team who are passionate about engaging, and maintaining strong relationships, with Māori. These roles can be based in any of our eight office locations across Aotearoa.
Underpinning our Kaiarataki roles are three pou and individual KPIs that reflect strengths and experience in these areas:
- Te Paetata: Develop Te Hīhiri as the number one trusted advisor for iwi, hapū and Māori organizations for planning, design and ecological services, as well as for councils, government and the private sector for cultural engagement and strategic advice.
- Te Paetawhiti: Provide effective internal business support to all Boffa Miskell disciplines to facilitate and ensure cultural engagement within key projects with key clients.
- Te Paeroa: Help create a strong organisational culture and brand that celebrates diversity and the unique cultural heritage of Boffa Miskell, Aotearoa and our office locations.
While candidates may have professional expertise in one or more of our core disciplines (Landscape Design, Planning, Ecology), this is not essential.
For applications to be considered, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellence in leadership and a desire to be influential, including a relevant professional qualification and experience.
- An appreciation and understanding of people, with well-developed networks and relationships within their local Māori community.
- A background in supporting Māori community engagement and development.
- A track record of success as a work generator, with a good market profile and business development focus.
- Excellent communication skills in both Te Reo Māori and English to enable you to work and liaise with a broad range of people including iwi, hapū, colleagues, clients, stakeholders, and other external consultants.
- The ability to effectively prioritise, allocate, and manage your time/resources.
- A strong commitment to quality environmental and cultural outcomes.
We are a leading New Zealand professional services consultancy, which is focused on better outcomes for te taiao/our natural environment. We are entirely employee-owned and growing, with an increasingly diverse portfolio of clients and projects.
We offer a supportive and collaborative environment, and our Mahi Kōkei initiative enables our team to have greater flexibility around working remotely. We value having an inclusive and diverse workplace and offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure our people can excel and grow.
If this sounds like your next career move, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we will only accept applications sent to this email address.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday, 1 October 2021. We like to consider applications as they are received, so encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Tautī mai! Whakapā mai ki tētehi o te tima o Te Hīhiri hei whakawhiti kōrero. You are welcome to contact someone from our Te Hīhiri team to discuss any queries. Please contact our PCD team in the first instance via the email address above, and they will connect you with your local Kaiarataki.