Lead/Senior Automation Test Engineer
Salary $130,000 - $145,000 per annum
Consultant Emma O'Mahony
We are excited to be partnering exclusively with IAG, New Zealand's largest general insurer, who are on the lookout for a talented Lead Automation Test Engineer to join their claims team.
IAG prides itself on thinking one step ahead and has demonstrated its "ready for anything" mindset time and time again. Their purpose, ‘to make your world a safer place’, guides how they support their people, their customers and communities. If you are looking to join a team who are creative, forward thinking and passionate about making a difference then this is the ideal role.
An excellent opportunity has become available in the IAG Claims team, they are now on the lookout for skilled Lead/Senior Automation Test Engineer. You will be part of the technology products and services division, that creates market differentiation through deployment of resilient, innovative technology and contemporary methods, at scale.
This Lead/Senior Automation Test Engineer will analyse and implement proposed solutions, solve complex problems and provide test leadership to assure the quality of the solutions being built.
Although you won't have direct reports you will need strong leadership skills for this role and have the ability to coach and grow other members of the team, helping them build business context as well as technical capabilities.
As Lead/Senior Test Analyst some of your responsibilities will include:
- Enabling teams to activate end to end digital experiences for customers, colleagues and partners, that are more secure, robust and scalable than ever before, and deliver them with lightning speed
- Bring thought leadership in your field of expertise to support the planning and execution of Technology’s strategic priorities, contemporary operating model and business plan.
- Collaborate and share your knowledge and expertise to promotes value creation, innovation, managed risk, and improved performance
- Supervise, guide and mentor
- Operationalise testing strategies to deliver the desired test outcomes for the
team, and document them to the appropriate level of detail.
- Develope ways of working and showcase best practices.
- Review and contribute to technical designs
- Create new automated tests for test data creation, in-sprint automated testing of
new functionality, automated shakeout testing of the continuous integration
pipeline, and robust automated regression testing
- Participate in inception and estimation sessions to - develop cost and effort
estimates on the proposed solution and testing effort including implementation
and costs of operation, or support team estimate processes
Key Requirements for Lead/Senior Automation Test Engineer:
- ISTQB certified Senior QA
- 7+ years of experience in software testing ideally full stack or SDIT
- 4+ years in test automation (Selenium and Tosca) and CI/CD
- 3+Experience in context-based and risk-based testing of complex business applications
- Programming expertise in Java
- Experience documenting process flows
- Ability to coach and mentor team members and foster an engaged team environment.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and reporting on test efforts for projects
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma O'Mahony on 09 374 7300.