Senior Release Analyst
Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
- Large, complex programmes of work
- Work in our newly established Auckland office
- Practice Agile and DevOps principles under a SAFe framework
- Be a mentor for a fun and supportive team
- Partner with teams across organisations to manage inter agency work
About the role
Over the last five years in the Improvement, Systems and Technology group we have been evolving our delivery approach to be agile at scale.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of New Zealand’s largest IT groups and be the motivational force that empowers our teams to meet delivery goals and increase product capabilities and services to our clients.
Joining one our newly formed product groups you’ll appreciate a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment leading up to four Agile standing teams that are focused on delivering technical outcomes.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Release Analyst to work as an extension of our Wellington team, within our newly established Auckland office.
This is not your average Release Analyst role and will see you using your wealth of experience to manage change, problem / incident resolution and triage.
This is a challenging yet equally rewarding role, working in a highly complex IT environment with great scope to expand your skills and excellent career prospects.
As Senior Release Analyst, you will:
- Plan, lead and consult the workflow for nominated applications, delivery of software from suppliers and its migration through test environments to production.
- Manage and act as a consultant for release cadence scheduling and release content definition.
- Oversee the planning, build and delivery of test environments to specification.
- Act as the face of Release Management within MSD.
- Partner closely with teams across the organisation and build trusting relationships.
- Ensure an understanding of the complexity and dependencies of productionising releases within the Ministry.
What you will bring:
- Have experience in a release, environment, or similar management disciplines.
- Ability to build credibility and influencing a range of stakeholders.
- Have a passion for organisation, processes, and negotiation.
- Ideally have a background in change, problem resolution and triage.
- A collaborative working approached paired with outstanding communication skills.
- Experience working on a digital portfolio of work is an advantage.
If you are looking for a role that is relationship driven, spanning across the entire scope of IT, this is the role for you!
Please note you will be required to travel to Wellington for initial induction, some additional travel may then be required on an ad hoc basis.
How we can support you:
We are an organisation that has people at the centre of our work.
At MSD we understand that our people do their best, when they can be their best and we’re committed to fostering a work culture that is diverse, inclusive, and supportive.
We offer structures and tools such as Flexible working arrangements, Heath Insurance and Vision care, Westpac Government Employee package, MSD Wellbeing Plan and Learning and Capability-Study Assistance to support you and your development.
If you want to be part of a team that is all about helping to build successful individuals, and in turn building strong, healthy families and communities then we would love to hear from you.
Manaaki Tangata, Manaaki Whānau.
How to apply
To apply, click the 'Apply Now' button to upload your CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the competencies listed in the position description.
All applications must be made online via https://jobs.msd.govt.nz/job/Auckland-Senior-Release-Analyst/787849500/?locale=en_GB If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us email@example.com
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your MyHR portal at work. This will ensure that your MyHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd September 2021.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.