Lead Data Analyst
Te Awakairangi Health Network
- Use your Leadership, Data and Analytical skills to improve peoples lives
- Newly created Data and Digital Team
- Role based in Lower Hutt
Ko wai mātou | About Us
Te Awakairangi Health Network is a dynamic and innovative organisation that plans, funds and provides a wide range of primary healthcare services to people living in the Hutt Valley. Our organisation has approximately 60 staff who work with our general practices and other local health providers towards our vision that “everyone in the Hutt Valley is healthy and well”.
Mō te tūnga | The Role
Our newly established Data and Digital team is seeking a Lead Data Analyst who will lead the data and Insights work within our team. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical and thought leadership, planning and delivery of high-quality data services and products. You’ll be someone that thrives on identifying opportunities for improvement and can direct the implementation of these changes to current systems and processes (e.g., timeliness, accuracy, design, develop) and according to best practice. The work you do in this role will have a direct impact on improving health care services we provide to our friends, and whanau within the Hutt Valley community. This includes supporting the Covid Testing and Vaccination Functions and providing data and insights that allow for the identification of health issues and opportunities to improve health outcomes
In this role you will champion excellent data management practices and work with colleagues to ensure the needs of data users are met. With a focus on delivering to our customers, you will enjoy exceeding expectations and working across the organisation to question what they are trying to see from the data. You will have exceptional communication skills to present technical findings in plain English to a variety of audiences.
As part of your role, you will lead the project to move our Data Warehousing to Azure
As the Lead Data Analyst, you will:
- Be an experienced data analyst, ideally with experience working within the health sector.
- Be strategic, have sound judgment and proactively identify issues before they arise.
- Champion continuous improvement, mentor other analysts to lift capability in the team.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture through exploratory analytics and experimentation.
- Proven experience with streamlining analytical processes to ensure timely delivery of clear and coherent regular and ad hoc reports against current and future contracted, Board and Network requirements.
- Automation of regular reports and support the development of a simplified data ecosystem.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications with regards to data, analysis, statistics or insights
- Experience with data and insights software and tools including:
- Azure Data Factory (desirable)
- Power BI/DAX
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We would love to receive your application if you are a suitable match to our requirements.
To Apply please email your covering letter and CV by emailing email@example.com.
Please note as part of our recruitment process you will need to complete an application form. This form will be emailed to you when we receive your application.
Applications close: Monday 20 September 2021
Only applicants with New Zealand residency or a valid NZ work permit for the full term of employment will be considered.