Poutuia - Learning Designer
Victoria University of Wellington
- Do you have a good understanding of academic processes and workloads?
- Are you a motivated, creative individual who has a passion for learning and education?
- Do you have experience in modern/digital online modes of delivery and instructional design methodologies?
Mō Te Herenga Waka - About our University
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting two full-time Poutuia - Learning Designers.
Our Poutuia - Learning Design team is responsible for working with Faculty to support the design and development of quality learning experiences for Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington students and staff. Primarily focusing on support for blended and online education, the role also includes responsibility for providing academic professional development on modern pedagogies and learning environments, and one-to-one support for academics to enhance their teaching practice. This role will enable the implementation of a major project, the University's Learning Platform Programme. This is a two year change programme as we look to enhance and improve the digital learning environment at Te Herenga Waka.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Leading or participating in the design, creation and review of courses/learning experiences
- Provide expertise in the creation and use of learning objects and materials
- Provide expert advice and guidance and technical admin for the University's digital learning platform and related environments
- Develop and deliver capability programmes for learning and teaching
- Contribute towards and promote scholarship of learning and teaching
Ō pūmanawa - About you
You will be a motivated, creative individual who has a passion for learning and education. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, flexible and diverse team, while taking the lead to support the enhancement and creation of educational experiences for teaching teams across the university.
You rise to the challenge of an ever-changing work environment focusing on the design, development, and implementation of digital learning experiences for students and teaching teams. You are outgoing, have no problem learning new skills and enjoy training others on your areas of expertise.
- Experience in modern/digital online modes of delivery and instructional design methodologies
- A strong interest in educational design and delivery
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience in, and a good understanding of, academic processes and workloads
- Relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in the use of digital technologies for teaching and learning, preferably in the tertiary sector
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe - Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. We offer you flexible working arrangements, learning and development programs, and the ability to shape your own skills and knowledge. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to be strongly involved in the development of education and modern teaching environments.
Close date for the vacancy Monday, 20 September 2021.
Contact details for vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Beth Smith email@example.com but applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - Application steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Please go to the Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington Vacancies page and click the apply now button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you're a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Applications close Monday, 20 September 2021.