Consultant - Māori Outcomes
“Na to rourou, na taku rourou ka ora ai te iwi.”
“With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive.”
Naumai haere mai,
We are looking for a future that includes you, your whānau and what reflects your vision for your mokopuna in Aotearoa. What does that look like? Is tikanga and te reo Māori the norm? Do Māori have access to Kaupapa Māori solutions determined by their own social and cultural pathway? Are inequities a thing of the past in our systems and is tino rangatiratanga enabled and achieved?
“Noho tahi ki te tahi”
“Sit with one another and come to know each other”
Synergia is a consulting group with offices in Wellington and Auckland. We have been in business over 20 years with a strong track record of delivering successful projects with a diverse group of clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to work alongside our team of experts. Synergia has a strong track record of delivering successful projects primarily in the healthcare, social services and public sectors. You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and improving the quality of our work, engagement with our clients and the development of our business. At the same time, you will also work with the wider team across a range of new projects and clients.
This role will be based in our Wellington office.
You will need to have a strong understanding of the machinery of Government. You will have experience of successfully providing consultancy services, with the ability to sell consulting work and manage client relationships. You will have experience in designing and delivering complex consulting assignments, as well as lead consulting teams in a team focused, challenging, and rewarding environment.
You will have a good understanding and recognition of our values which includes providing and delivering excellence for our clients and delivering improved health and social outcomes for all people and communities.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Managing and delivering client assignments from contracting and set up to project close.
- Maintaining exceptional client relationships and networks.
- Designing, delivery and budget responsibility for consulting assignments and solutions for clients.
- Building custom solutions that support our clients’ success and contribute to improved outcomes.
- Development of consulting and business growth opportunities.
- Consult on projects that address equity issues that exist for Māori, in order to deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
- Consult on projects with your experience or knowledge of mātauranga Māori and Kaupapa Māori methodologies
- Consult on projects with your experience or knowledge of whānau-centred approaches, Māori health models, programmes and service delivery.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Substantial experience working in the health, justice, education or social care sectors.
- Competent experience, preferably within a consulting or project delivery environment.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight timeframes.
- Confident engaging and working in Government sectoral space
- You understand and know how to apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- A network of high trust relationships within the health, justice, education and/or social care sectors.
- Sound experience of proposal writing and producing high quality reports.
- Evaluation skills and research experience preferred.
- Excellent personal time management and organisation.
Synergia supports Maori advancement, including workforce development. We have built a credible reputation in healthcare, social services, and public sectors through quality work over the past 20 years.
We work in complex spaces that require strong whanaungatanga to be established. Within these relationships we bring our technical skills to collectively address the issues our clients face. Given this, the attributes we are looking for are as follows:
- A trouble-shooting nature supported by good project and time management skills.
- Flexible approach to work - must enjoy and thrive in a fast-moving environment where things can change from day to day.
- Have the ability to work well in a small team.
- Be a great organiser, agile when needed and able to prioritise your work accordingly.
- Be self-motivated, have initiative and are professional in your work habits.
- Have the ability to work in a way that supports the values of Synergia.
Most importantly we are looking for someone with a knowledge/familiarity and commitment to learning/understanding Te Ao Māori, to understand, contribute and achieve meaningful outcomes for our Māori communities, and who will bring values of pono, tika, whakapapa, manaakitanga, whanaungatanga, kotahitanga, wairuatanga and rangatiratanga
- Bachelor's degree (or above)
- A relevant postgraduate qualification would be advantageous, as well as experience working in a senior position (clinical or managerial)
APPLY HERE with your CV and cover letter telling us a bit about who you are (ko wai au) and an overview of your key skills (pūkenga)and your work experience (mahi). For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.synergia.consulting
Applications close 30 September 2021