Analyst - Māori Outcomes
“Na to rourou, na taku rourou ka ora ai te iwi.”
“With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive.”
Naumai haere mai,
We are looking for a future that includes you, your whānau and what reflects your vision for your mokopuna in Aotearoa. What does that look like? Is tikanga and te reo Māori the norm? Do Māori have access to Kaupapa Māori solutions determined by their own social and cultural pathway? Are inequities a thing of the past in our systems and is tino rangatiratanga enabled and achieved?
“Noho tahi ki te tahi”
“Sit with one another and come to know each other”
Synergia is a consulting group with offices in Wellington and Auckland. We have been in business over 20 years with a strong track record of delivering successful projects with a diverse group of clients.
An opportunity has arisen for an Analyst to work alongside our team of experts providing support with the analysis, management and reporting of qualitative and quantitative data. Your analytical insight will support the quality of our work, engagement with clients and the development of our business.
This role will be based in our Auckland office.
You will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and improving all aspects of a project. At the same time, you will also work with the wider team across a range of new projects and clients.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Support the entire qualitative/quantitative analysis cycle - from the management of data, through to analysis, interpretation and presentation of findings.
- Support the work with our clients to understand their needs to help them make decisions and resolve issues.
- Support projects that address equity issues that exist for Māori, in order to deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
- Work with the team using our internal data and analytics to understand and drive our business performance.
- Support Kaupapa Māori research and evaluation projects.
- Support projects with your experience or knowledge of whānau-centred approaches, programmes and delivery.
- Support engagement with your knowledge of tikanga and deep understanding of Māori culture and values.
- Support knowledge exchange with your excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
What you’ll bring to the role
- A strong commitment to understanding te Tiriti o Waitangi and how that supports your mahi
- A conscious awareness of Māori systems, knowledge, people and processes
- A strong understanding of Kaupapa Māori methodologies and Māori health models
- A strong passion for improving health and wellbeing outcomes
- A strong understanding of mātauranga Māori
- A strong sense for advocacy, human rights, social justice and equity
Synergia supports Maori advancement, including workforce development. We have built a credible reputation in healthcare, social services, and public sectors through quality work over the past 20 years.
We work in complex spaces that require strong whanaungatanga to be established. Within these relationships we bring our technical skills to collectively address the issues our clients face. Given this, the attributes we are looking for are as follows:
Ways of working:
- Most importantly we are looking for someone with a knowledge/familiarity and commitment to learning/understanding Te Ao Māori, to understand, contribute and achieve meaningful outcomes for our Māori communities
- Bring values of pono, tika, whakapapa, manaakitanga, whanaungatanga, kotahitanga, wairuatanga and rangatiratanga
- Bachelor's degree (or above)
- Self-management skills and the ability to proactively manage your professional life and work programme
- Confidence in engaging, building and maintaining relationships
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts and deliver presentations with confidence
- An understanding of service design improvement with research and/or evaluation skills gained either through your postgraduate studies or demonstrated through past work experience.
- For those with work experience you will be able to demonstrate your ability to engage and build relationships with Māori communities and relevant agencies.
APPLY HERE with your CV and cover letter telling us a bit about who you are (ko wai au) and an overview of your key skills (pūkenga)and your work experience (mahi). For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.synergia.consulting
Applications close 30 September 2021