Pioneer Medical is a New Zealand medical device company, which supplies and supports innovative, safe, and efficient solutions to Orthopaedic and Neurosurgeons, operating room teams, and patients across New Zealand. Pioneer Medical was started in March 2015 to make a difference, by going back to basics. It focuses on surgeons, nurses and hospital teams, ensuring they come first. Pioneer Medical’s main philosophy is prioritising its customers, so that they can ensure excellent patient care. Six years down the track, this philosophy is working well, and Pioneer Medical embraces this approach more than ever before.
Pioneer Medical has recently joined the EBOS Medical Device group. As part of this change, they are now seeking a Finance Manager to join and support the team.
The key task areas are:
- Financial accounts. Accounts payable, accounts receivables, GST, Tax, year-end financial accounts. Ensure compliance with statutory financial reporting requirements.
- Management accounts. To support the local team with all management accounting functions related to a business of this nature and size.
- Manage daily/ regular financial activities
- Manage all debtors and creditors
- Manage Cash Flow, Treasury function and reporting to Group Treasury
- Maintain asset registers, Capex spending and Group reporting.
- Manage Inventory Control setups and processing
- Manage month and year end procedures, including journals, general ledger reconciliations and Group reporting
- Produce sales, inventory, and other financial analytical reports
- Improve and develop customised analytical reports as required
- Maintain Internal Controls for Finance and XERO meet the requirements of Group
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts, according to Group requirements.
- Co-ordinate company insurance policies with Group policies
- Manage Tax function in conjunction with Group Tax, including GST, PAYE and provisional taxes
- Liaise with external stakeholders where appropriate
- Review, improve and document business procedures
- Ad hoc Group reporting as required on monthly, Quarterly, and annual basis.
- Pioneer Medical are looking for a competent and driven CA or CPA qualified Accountant who is looking at joining a successful and fast-growing company.
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to multi-task and problem solve are essential.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- You must be prepared to be hands on with the tasks and have a track record of being a team player.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to join an organisation during an exciting time of growth. This is a newly created role which would suit an Accountant looking to step up and take the lead.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Erin Donkin on 09 374 7343.