Solicitor / Associate - Litigation
Over the last 150 years, Anthony Harper have developed a reputation as one of New Zealand's top full-service legal practices. Their experts offer legal services in 25 specialty areas, where they are at the top of their game, and where they are true market leaders. The insolvency and corporate recovery team are part of the wider litigation practice. They are highly experienced in all matters relating to debt recovery, security enforcement and restructuring.
About the Positions
Working closely with Partners Lynne Van, Dan Hughes and other lawyers in the team, you will be involved in a range of matters including restructuring and insolvency and general litigation.
You will be joining a busy and supportive team where you will act for receivers, liquidators, administrators and investigative accountants and advise on the terms of appointment and indemnities, the trading prospects of distressed businesses, liabilities of directors, security priority issues and the sale of assets and businesses. The team also acts for private clients on a range of general litigation matters.
Dan Hughes and Lynne Van:
- Dan is ranked as a 'Leading Individual' in the 2020 and 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guides in both litigation and insolvency and corporate recovery. He is also recognised as a 'Leading Lawyer/Individual' in Asialaw Profiles, IFLR 1000 for insolvency. He was recognised in the NZ Lawyer magazine's 'Hot List' as one of the country's top thirty lawyers.
- Lynne is ranked in the 2021 Chambers and Partners Directory who state she 'maintains a broad practice, within which contentious insolvency, property and securities enforcement issues feature particularly prominently. She has appeared at all levels of the New Zealand court system, attracting especially high praise for her handling of a recent Supreme Court case.' and is ranked as a 'Rising Star' in the 2020 - 2021 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guides.
- Ideally, you will have 2-5 years’ post-admission experience in litigation and dispute resolution however all candidates will be considered on merit.
- Experience in civil procedure is essential. Insolvency experience is not necessary but a desire to work in that area is.
- You will be supported and encouraged to work autonomously and take on challenges; Anthony Harper is looking for lawyers that can hit the ground running.
- You will demonstrate resilience, reliability, initiative, and passion.
- Anthony Harper are looking for lawyers that are motivated to learn and progress within the firm.
Anthony Harper has exclusively partnered with Robert Walters. Rosamund More is managing the recruitment of these positions. For a confidential discussion, please call Rosamund on +64 9 374 7300 or email email@example.com.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rosamund More on 09 374 7327.