At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on being able to recruit the best people, who share our values and are driven to make a positive impact. As a result, we are recognised as a market leader and a firm that creates real and lasting value for our clients. We provide you with opportunities to excel, drive change and make a difference on every engagement.
Our market leading Private team is looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join our close-knit practice in Rotorua. You will work within the Accounting team to develop a trusted advisor relationship through your unique and personalised approach to dealing with the individual and unique challenges facing New Zealand businesses today. The Rotorua Office also provides specialised services to our Māori clients and others wishing to align their work with Māori businesses. The team works with the vision of using our knowledge and relationships to help Māori wishing to grow their pūtea, wealth, assets and businesses for the benefit of their whānau, hapū and iwi. This is your chance to develop your skills within an innovative, high-performing organisation that will provide a supportive environment that is committed to its people.
You will have a strong work ethic, enjoy working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate a high level of initiative. Professional yet personable, you will have a quiet confidence and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- 2 years’ + of experience relevant to the role
- CA qualified, or in final stages
- Experience in preparation of financial statements through to completion, management accounting, GST and annual tax returns
- Proven ability to work in a business advisory capacity
- Good understanding of accounting and tax issues
- Strong relationship building and communications skill are paramount to your success
- Strong technology skills in Xero, including knowledge of operating and/or implementing add ons
What's in it for you:
- Training and development opportunities to progress your career
- Two days additional annual leave (accountants day and birthday leave)
- Southern Cross health insurance subsidy
- Professional membership paid for by Deloitte (CAANZ)
- Supportive team environment
Interested? Then don’t delay and apply today!
Please note that you must be based in NZ and have valid work rights to be considered for this role.