Community Compliance Officer - Kaitakawaenga Māori
Inland Revenue Department
- Put your expertise and passion for working with Māori customers to good use
- Based in Auckland
- Permanent position
Inland Revenue is currently coming to the end of transforming itself to be a more modern, customer centric revenue organisation. This is bringing significant change to the way we operate and how we interact with our customers. We're making the tax system simpler, more open and certain for all New Zealanders to pay their taxes and receive their entitlements.
Kaitakawaenga Māori is part of - Community Compliance, Customer Services and is the face of Inland Revenue.
In this role you will:
- work directly with Māori and non - Māori customers, helping them understand their obligations and entitlements and how they can self-manage
- engage and build relationships in the community
- deliver seminars and presentations
- engage with community groups, tax professionals and small businesses
- Educating Māori communities to a self-management model by means of technology
- work with challenging customers to address and identify non-compliance through a range of appropriate enforcement interventions
The key skills of a successful Kaitakawaenga Māori:
- Minimum of NCEA level 3 Te Reo Māori or equivalent
- Understanding of and can utilise tīkanga Māori where appropriate
- A high level of comfort with whānau, hapū and iwi
- Know and understand the issues relevant to the Māori community
- Enjoys engaging with people as part of your day-to-day work
- The ability to clearly and accurately convey information
- The ability to understand and build trust in potentially difficult, sensitive and/or complex situations
- The ability to learn and use a range of Inland Revenue and business systems, processes and software
- The capability to understand and apply legislation and policy.
- Have a drive for results, a knack for problem solving and able to make quality decisions on your feet
- A continuous improvement focus that will drive towards Inland Revenue’s goals for the future
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence (essential)
- Flexibility – available for varied working hours and travel away from home (essential)
Are you keen to join us?
On offer is the opportunity to gain valuable experience and be part of our delivery for Māori customers. We work in a fun, and at times fast paced team environment.
If you are successful, you will be provided with appropriate training and support along with regular coaching and performance feedback.
For a copy of the role description please e-mail IRDCareers@ird.govt.nz
To apply, please click on ‘apply’ below and attach your CV and Cover Letter indicating how you meet the criteria, addressing the core competencies and outline the skills and experience you will bring to this role.
Applications close 5pm Monday 20 September 2021