Toi Moana Summer Experience Programme 2021/22 (Fixed term 12 weeks)
Bay of Plenty Regional Council
Would you like to gain practical work experience with an organisation whose vision is Thriving together - mō te taiao, mō ngā tāngata “for the environment, for the people”?
He aha tā Toi Moana? - What’s on offer?
As a Summer Assistant you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside passionate people; contributing to projects that make a difference to our community and our environment. You could be wading in rivers, working in a science lab or be based in one of our awesome offices.
For the 12 weeks of this Summer Experience Programme we’ll offer support and mentoring, giving you an opportunity to get a taste for a particular profession, a foot in the door to a specific industry, or just the chance to put your existing skills into action.
We have paid positions available over summer (15 November 2021 to 4 February 2022) across various work areas including:
- People & Capability
- Land Management
- Data Collection
- Māori Policy
- Emergency Management
- Community Engagement
- Organisational Performance
- Transport & Urban Planning
- Regulatory Coordination
Ko wai mātau? He aha te kaupapa nei? - About us and our Toi Moana Summer Experience Programme
At Bay of Plenty Regional Council Toi Moana we work towards the sustainable development of the region, now and into the future, guided and supported by Te Ao Māori. A major focus of our work involves looking after the taiao (environment), but we also have a broader responsibility along with others for the economic, social and cultural well-being of our regional community.
Our Toi Moana Summer Experience Programme has been running for 30 years because we believe the best place to learn is on the job. There is no better place to contribute to your community and the environment you live in, while working alongside passionate and professional experts in their fields. Each year our Summer Assistants play an important role by supporting our teams and completing important pieces of work around the Bay of Plenty.
Ngā āhuatanga o te tangata e tika ana - The skills and personal attributes we are looking for are:
- A commitment to upholding the mana and integrity of our organisation through our values of Whanaungatanga, Manaakitanga, Kotahitanga, Courage, Trust and Integrity
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a passion for the environment and a willingness to learn about Te Ao Māori
- Studying or planning to study in a related area and/or a member of the community looking for an opportunity to gain experience in a new career path
- Availability to work between 15 November 2021 and 4 February 2022
- A full driver’s licence and eligibility to work in NZ.
Positions will be based across our regional offices of Rotorua, Whakatāne and Tauranga.
Hai mahi māu - Next Steps:
- Click “apply now” to visit our careers website and check out this year’s vacancies
- Apply separately for each position you’re interested in
- We will screen all applications, then shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- All candidates will be notified once the position is filled
- Successful candidates will attend a ‘Welcome Day’ so you can get to know more about us and meet others joining us on the Toi Moana Summer Experience Programme
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 19 September 2021