Assistant Accountant - Payroll and Fixed Assets
A key role at Eastland Group is waiting for you
Picture your new role as an Assistant Accountant with Eastland Group. As you walk through our open-plan office, you grab a piece of fruit from the kitchen after enjoying your subsidised gym session. There's no doubt that this full-time position, with flexible working options, is exactly what you'd been searching for. An opportunity that offers a future!
Welcome to Eastland Group. We're a growing team of 150 people who make things happen for the communities where we live and work. We run essential regional infrastructure including Tairāwhiti's port, airport and electricity network, along with geothermal power plants in the Bay of Plenty and a hydro scheme near Wairoa.
Helping to keep our momentum going is where you come in.
As our newest but experienced Assistant Accountant, the core skills to be brought to this role are your experience in payroll processing and all that goes with that. Communication and time management skills are essential. Eastland has a diverse and varied employee group. We are looking for someone who will ensure everyone is paid correctly and on time. At the same time meeting all our legal obligations. We'll provide on-the-job training and tools to set you up for success. You'll be taught about our infrastructure assets and how to account for them You'll thrive in this role as no two days are the same.
What do you need?
- A thorough understanding of accounting concepts.
- Experience using financial accounting systems (SAP advantageous) and an intermediate to high level of ability in Excel.
- 3 years of experience with Payroll, preferably within a business of over 50 staff.
- Willingness to learn.
- Relevant tertiary or business qualifications.
So, why Eastland Group?
- Competitive remuneration.
- Life insurance, income protection insurance plus more are part of your package.
- We contribute to your Kiwisaver at a higher rate.
- Enjoy staff wellbeing programmes and initiatives.
- Share our focus on sustainability (we even have planting and community days).
- Flexible working arrangements mean you enjoy a great work/life balance.
And there is more in the works! We seriously tick all of the boxes, so apply now.
To apply for this job go to: https://eastlandcareers.nz/Vacancies and enter ref code: 5635553.
Applications close 03 October 2021