Team Leader Education
Nelson Provincial Museum / Pupuri Taonga o Te Tai Ao
Nelson Provincial Museum is seeking an experienced Team Leader of Education to join our leadership team
The purpose of the Team Leader Education position is to develop and deliver strong and meaningful object-based education programmes across the Museum’s subject areas of Te Ao Māori, Mātauranga Māori, Social History, Natural History and Science;
The Team Leader of the education department will effectively manage the Museum’s education programme, and team of Educators. The Team leader will manage funding contracts, ensure all targets are met and accurately reported; and positively contribute to Museum culture and strategy as part of the Senior Leadership team.
Around 30 per week is envisaged but this can be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Role is aligned with Ministry of Education LEOTC funding and the initial period is fixed term until 30 June 2022.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Teaching qualification and extensive teaching experience
- Experience in education in a museum, gallery, iwi or cultural heritage setting
- Ability to design and implement meaningful and engaging educational programmes
- Strong communication skills and ability to teach at all age levels
- Sound knowledge of the new History curriculum
- Experience in object or taonga based learning
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience
- Understanding of Tikanga and Te Ao Māori.
- Commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Fluency in te reo Māori would be an advantage
- Existing relationships with local schools would be an advantage
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and application form to: email@example.com
Application form can be found on our website: http://www.nelsonmuseum.co.nz/vacancies
Applications close on the 24th of September.