Events, Marketing & Communications Kairuruku (Coordinator(s))
Ember Innovations Limited
- A truly transformative opportunity to improve mental wellbeing in Aotearoa
- Accelerate your career as you grow our brand!
- Let your Māori &/or Pasifika cultural fluency shine with our team
Be the kaitiaki for a new catalytic brand, engage and support mental wellbeing startups (full time or job share with another creative individual!)
Full time or 2x part-time roles
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Ember Innovations is changing our systems to better support innovation in our mental health sector. Part of the Ember Korowai Takitini group, we’re working alongside Ember Services and Ember Housing to change the way Aotearoa understands and responds to mental distress. Ember Innovations works outside the publicly funded services, meaning we have the freedom to truly innovate and support change makers to maximise their impact.
We’re working to ensure that by 2030 every person in Aotearoa can access the wellbeing support they need, by supporting entrepreneurial innovators to develop and scale impactful offerings. We’re building a community of innovators, improving their support, mobilising resource around unmet needs, and advocating for a more inclusive and innovative mental health system.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the founding team, lead the direction of our brand, ensuring that we’re embedding world views indigenous to Aotearoa, New Zealand throughout our kaupapa and communications.
Te kaupapa – The nature of the position.
Be the kaitiaki for the Ember Innovations brand, and bridge our collaboration with priority communities to optimise impact that’s meaningful to them:
- Coordinate the delivery of content through different channels across our ecosystem, and develop clear plans for engaging our community
- Integrate Te Ao Maori through the use of te reo and tikanga conceptual thinking into our communications and engagements with all our audiences, alongside your colleagues
- Lead the logistics for any events we run to build the community of innovators and mental wellbeing startups, and coordinate external providers to ensure an exciting and welcoming experience for all
- Lead the drafting and finalisation of contracts and agreements with subcontractors and stakeholders
- Knowing we’re having an impact is central to our work, so you’ll help us to understand the effectiveness of our events, communications and engagement strategies with different stakeholders
He kōrero mōu: About you
- Experience in marketing and communications with a drive to stretch yourself to the next level and take ownership of a new catalytic brand
- Passion for bringing people together and ensure smooth running event experiences
- Proven knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga, and/or Pasifika cultural fluency to engage and maintain trust with priority communities
- Empathy, and a passion for improving mental health and wellbeing outcomes—we value and welcome people with lived experience of mental distress and addiction, though it’s not a requirement
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Collaborative team player with autonomy and drive to get things done
- Active learner, ready to take on new challenges, and make your ideas a reality
- Strong relationship and communication skills, ability to develop rapport/trust quickly
- Confident using tech to manage communications and create engaging experiences
- Creativity, innovation, and an eye for design. You’re confident working with freelancers and contractors to execute on your vision.
You have a strong moral compass, enjoy finding creative solutions and fresh angles to communicating and connecting with your audiences. You’ll enjoy challenging thinking, opposing world views, and collaborating with a team of change makers. You'll have lots of autonomy and organisational skills to get stuck in and run with ideas so you’ll need to be comfortable with taking the initiative.
We’re open to this role being shared between two part time creative individuals, so get in touch if a particular portion of this role resonates with you!
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
We’re a small, dynamic team passionate about dramatically improving mental wellbeing support across Aotearoa. We’re embedding indigenous world views and lived experience at our core. As a startup we’re not afraid to get stuck in, and we’re excited for you to make your mark on our direction!
We work flexibly, with a collaborative studio in Otahuhu, Tamaki Makaurau, and occasional travel within Aotearoa is likely.
Our people are critical to our success. You’ll receive mentoring from an experienced marketing strategist within the Ember Group, and we’ll invest in you to grow with the us and own our catalytic brand.
You will have heard it before, but this truly is a unique role that doesn't come around often!
Te tono: How to apply
Send your expression of interest to Kiaora@emberinnovations.nz including a cover letter telling us why you’re critical to future of ember innovations team and brand!