Kaiwhakarereketia, Innovation Catalysts
Ember Innovations Limited
- Join us from the start, grow with us
- Embed your tikanga into your mahi
- Make a transformative impact on Aotearoa’s mental wellbeing
Join a multi-disciplinary team reimagining approaches to supporting mental wellbeing startups. Make your mark on our kaupapa and grow with us.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Ember Innovations is changing our systems to better support innovation in our mental health sector. Part of the Ember Korowai Takitini group, we’re working alongside Ember Services and Ember Housing to change the way Aotearoa understands and responds to mental distress. Ember Innovations works outside the publicly funded services, meaning we have the freedom to truly innovate and support change makers to maximise their impact.
We’re working to ensure that by 2030 every person in Aotearoa can access the wellbeing support they need, by supporting entrepreneurial innovators to develop and scale impactful offerings. We’re building a community of innovators, improving their support, mobilising resource around unmet needs, and advocating for a more inclusive and innovative mental health system.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the founding team, operationalise our strategy, ensuring that we’re embedding worldviews indigenous to Aotearoa New Zealand throughout our kaupapa.
Te kaupapa: What you’ll do
You’ll be part of a collaborative team supporting mental wellbeing startups, create connections and apply learnings to change systems. You’ll work closely with underrepresented communities to mobilise resource to better serve unmet needs.
- Co-design and test innovative approaches to encouraging new mental wellbeing startups, and support them to success
- Integrate Te Ao Māori through the use of te reo and tikanga conceptual thinking into our practice and approach with priority communities, alongside your colleagues
- Nurture our community of innovators, supporters, and collaborators through regular communications and events alongside our marketing & events guru(s)
- Support relationships with key partners, startups, and community groups to deliver on your goals
- Knowing we’re having an impact is central to our work, so you’ll work with the team to continually review the effectiveness and sustainability of our mahi to learn and adapt
- Collaborate across our Kaupapa as needed – including supporting mental wellbeing startups, catalysing capital, and advocating for change to our mental wellbeing system
We’re open to part-time and casual/associate enquiries from interested individuals who are well aligned to our kaupapa – get in touch to let us know how you’d like to collaborate with us.
He kōrero mōu: About you
- Passionate about changing our systems and catalysing innovation
- User-centred approach, with a natural rapport working with people
- Deep empathy and passion for improving mental wellbeing outcomes across Aotearoa—we value and welcome people with lived experience of mental distress and addiction, though it’s not a requirement
- Experienced or trained in one (or more) of user-centered design, research, impact measurement, building a startup, or … surprise us!
- Curious to work across disciplines, an active learner, and ready to take on new challenges
- Take the initiative to make your ideas a reality
- Ability to adapt and work flexibly in a changing environment, ensuring learnings are celebrated along the way
- Knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga and/or Pasifika cultural fluency to engage and maintain trust with priority communities
- Collaborative team player with great communication
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
We’re a small, dynamic team passionate about dramatically improving mental wellbeing support across Aotearoa. We’re embedding indigenous world views and lived experience at our core. As a startup we’re not afraid to get stuck in, and we’re excited for you to make your mark on our direction!
We work flexibly: work from home, in our collaborative studio in Otahuhu, Tāmaki Makaurau, and possible occasional travel within Aotearoa.
Our people are critical to our success. We put our own oxygen masks on before we help others, and we invest in you to thrive with us.
You will have heard it before, but this truly is a unique role that doesn't come around often!
Te tono: How to apply
Send your expression of interest to Kiaora@emberinnovations.nz including a cover letter telling us why you’re critical to future of ember innovations and Aotearoa’s mental health innovators! Applications to be reviewed on a rolling basis.